HybridZ

Race Car Flip and Roll *video*

260DET

Two things I love when working:

-Wave at the drivers of open cockpit cars and they give a full handed wave back, arm and all. That's not obvious or anything that you're missing your arm restraints.

-Calling it in that someone doesn't have their arm restraints and everyone turns to grid asking what the hell are you doing if you aren't making sure they have all their gear.

Good times, glad he still has his arms.

-Calling it in that someone doesn't have their arm restraints and everyone turns to grid asking what the hell are you doing if you aren't making sure they have all their gear.

Pretty easy to pop them loose on the warmup lap behind the pace car. Just sayin'.

I hope the Z was ok.

The Z driver says he was facing away from the P car but pieces of flying debris were hitting his car and did some superficial damage. Not applicable to this incident but some of these historic race cars only get rolled out a couple of times a year so some of the drivers are a bit, errr, rusty.

Edited by 260DET

Why arm restraints are whats up.

"Not the ending I wanted to my first race in my MX5. I was very lucky just to end up with a broken right arm, considering how bad the crash was it could have been alot worse."

Makes me cringe. This is not me.

Edited by Brian Noble

The Z driver says he was facing away from the P car but pieces of flying debris were hitting his car and did some superficial damage. Not applicable to this incident but some of these historic race cars only get rolled out a couple of times a year so some of the drivers are a bit, errr, rusty.

Unfortunately I know what you mean. Last year we had two guys pass away on the same race weekend. One was driving, the other had had a heart attack somewhere in the paddock not driving.

Why arm restraints are whats up.

"Not the ending I wanted to my first race in my MX5. I was very lucky just to end up with a broken right arm, considering how bad the crash was it could have been alot worse."

Makes me cringe. This is not me.

Nasty, hang onto that steering wheel whatever. Problem is to program yourself to react correctly in an overwhelming situation.

Unfortunately I know what you mean. Last year we had two guys pass away on the same race weekend. One was driving, the other had had a heart attack somewhere in the paddock not driving.

Good way to go though, providing others do not suffer at the same time :) The worst drivers though are those who don't realise that they have no idea of the dynamics involved, they are the ones who scare me.