HybridZ

Mikuni 44 PHH body

2eighTZ4me

There was an old rotary manifold that used a single 44 Mikuni (worked pretty good too). You might look on Mazda sites and see if you can find a single carb there. Or check with Todd at Wolf Creek Racing. He might have a single lying around, and he's a good guy to deal with.

• 5 weeks later...

Have all the guts - just need a 44 PHH carb body. The body itself split right where it meets the plenum and doesn't appear to be reparable.

Do you still need one? I have some extras. Question for you: What is the intended use, street or racing? The reason I ask is, I have one body that I had to remove some burrs from the bores... The previous owner managed to forceably shut the butterflies hard enough (beat on them?) so that the throttle plates dug into the aluminum bores and left some ridges. I carefully removed the ridges and then spun some fine sandpaper strip on a die grinder to polish the bores. Basically, the bores are probably a few thousands oversize right where the throttle plates shut. If racing - then you'll mainly be at full throttle operation, and I doubt seriously it a few thousandths bigger bore only where the plates are would matter one bit. For steet, achieving smooth idle adjustment could be an issue.

If interested in that one, obviously it'd be cheap. If not, I could sell you one of the others. They are in great shape.

post-4218-057774400 1334805146_thumb.jpg

Let me know.

Edited by inline6