HybridZ

z31 Finned R200 is not always LSD?

tamo3

I got R200 from '88 z31 none-Turbo. But it comes with finned at rear end.

A lot of information described finned R200 is LSD one.

Does anyone know this is whether this is R200 without LSD comes with finned rear end?

post-25175-000451300 1334797800_thumb.jpg

post-25175-024559900 1334797807_thumb.jpg

post-25175-024698300 1334797818_thumb.jpg

post-25175-013292100 1334797829_thumb.jpg

post-25175-099843000 1334797834_thumb.jpg

Do some more searching for info and make sure it is not a Viscous LSD Unit also. From what I remember the LSD diffs were in Turbo 300zx only 87-89.

If you find out its not an LSD Unit at all, That Finned Cover sells for $140-$160. If the fins aren't broken, That may make you feel better. And cover the diffs cost.

I'm in the market for the diff and axles. PM me if you'd be interested in selling. I've bought 3 similar setups lately ranging from $600 just for the diff up to $675 for diff and axles package deal, so that seems like the going rate. I won't try to talk you down below that and will make it a no-hassle sale. Money ready today via paypal. There is somebody on ebay asking $1475 for a similar setup. He is high (as in crazy) - it has been for sale for over a month with no bids.

Nice find, I know your happy now. :D

5 years back I was scouring yards late one evening in Phoenix and found a Clsd, in a 87 300ZXT. In another row of cars that had just been released to have parts removed, there was another 87 ZX on the ground. It had a different colored hood then the body color, Hmmm. The next morning I was at that yard when it oppened up. I got the Clsd out of the ZXT and checked that other zx, which by then had been put on stands in the yard. It was a ZXT too and had a Clsd in it. :blink: Imagine 2 Clsd diffs, A big bag of tools, and me alone trying to get all that up to the counter, to pay for them. :rolleyes: lol Then me holding back a huge grin when the cashier said: $65 bucks each :D SCORE.

Edited by dexter72

RebekahsZ,

Sorry, I was looking for R200 LSD Diff for long time. I'm planning to rebuild this R200 and put it into my 240z.

dexter72,

You are so lucky man! This Diff+axles cost me $100 at Pick 'N Pull last week.

I understand I need to swap from z31 r200 pinion flange to 280z. That I need to find it too.

I saw some photo using finned R200 onto 240z/280z.

85b0_12.JPG

lots people mentioned that the finned rear end cannot directly put it into 240/280z. I do have R200 mustache Bar taking out from '77 280z. Does anyone know whether I can just bolt in or do I have to find none-finned R200 to swap the rear end cover?

Thanks,

tamo3

lots people mentioned that the finned rear end cannot directly put it into 240/280z. I do have R200 mustache Bar taking out from '77 280z. Does anyone know whether I can just bolt in or do I have to find none-finned R200 to swap the rear end cover?

Thanks,

tamo3

Do a search for " finned cover brace"

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/90700-rear-cross-differential-brace-for-clsd-finned-cover-r-200/page__p__859618__hl__%2Bfinned+%2Bcover+%2Bbrace__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=859618

I think that Hybridz member Burleigh was making and selling the braces for use with the finned covers.

Are the covers really selling for $140? I just saw one on a welded diff from a junkyard 240SX. Quite a disappointment when I pulled the cover.

Yeah I was a bit shocked they sell for that much, I sold one for that price. The guy was happy to get it, I was happier that I still had my old 3.9 diff, that put the finned cover on. lol

The finned cover almost covered the price I paid for both 2.7 diffs. :o)

Tamo3, Yes I was Lucky as can be. I was only hoping to get the one diff I saw, first thing the next morning. I couldn't believe the other 300ZX had a CLSD in it also. I have never found one since i got those two, almost 5 years ago. Seems I usd up all my CLSD Luck with those. :D But I'm not hating. lol