HybridZ

s130 l28 altenator problems

Calico

I believe i have a bad alt. After fully charging the car and then driving it for awhile it evemtually dies and wont crank over. If i charge it for a day then it will run & drive again.

does anyone know if there is a bolt on alt upgrade for the 280zx? how about a near bolt on, maybe a z31 part?

I believe i have a bad alt. After fully charging the car and then driving it for awhile it evemtually dies and wont crank over. If i charge it for a day then it will run & drive again.

does anyone know if there is a bolt on alt upgrade for the 280zx? how about a near bolt on, maybe a z31 part?

Z Specialties.com He sells 2 different alt upgrades for Z and ZX's. Both bolt in,very minor wiring has to be done but def super duper ez. Comes with instructions and everything needed. One alt is 105amp (which is the one I have) and the other one is 120amp. Needs a special (stronger) belt which he sells also. Belt is like 7 bucks. I bought 2 so I had a spare on hand.

And I just had my factory alt rebuilt at a shop here and they converted it from the factory 60amp to a 160amp for 85.00 It was cheap enough and I wanted a spare for this road trip I'm planning this summer.

Hope this helps.

There are tons of people parting out Zx's. If your alt turns out to still be bad, just surf the classifieds and look for someone parting out a ZX. I threw my old one away and I know it was working, but no one wanted it for $10. not even as a core replacement.

okay well i tightened the belt and the car seems to running fine. I disconnected the pos batt cable while the car was runnning and it didnt shut off, so im guessing its not the alt. Once i get the car registered,insured and inspected i guess ill put her on the road & find out. Now back to my tail light problems....