HybridZ

Anyone got pics of 205/60/15 or 205 /50's on 15" rims?

It may vary from tire manufacturer to manufacturer, but I ran 205/50/15 BFG Comp TAs for 10 years (lots of storage time during med school/residency). There was still lots of fender gap even with coilovers and a 5" rocker to ground clearance. I scraped a lot. I won't be back to those size tires again.

My favorite 15-inch tire size is 225/50/15. Fits fine if you have a zero offset tire like the 15X6 swashtica or a 15X7 with 4.5 to 4.75 inches of backspacing. It doesn't really provide a significantly larger tire patch when compared to the 205/50/15, but you get just enough more sidewall to fill up the fenders without getting tall like a 60-series. It will still be square with the edge of the rim on a 15X7.

If I can find some Rota RB 15X7 with near-zero offset in Hyperblack, I will unload 3 sets of 15" rims that will work: swashticas (rough), some Epsilon mesh (a little rough) and some ARE (BBS look-alike) mesh (pretty cherry).

Nice looking car mike. I do like the 205/60 over the 205/50. My 205/50s looked like rubber bands and rode very abruptly. You felt everything, which had its pros and cons. For daily driving I like a little sidewall. Really short tires also dramatically increases your highway rpms. I had 4:11s with my 205/50s and tached like a mother on the highway portion of my commute.

I agree, 225/50/15's are actually pretty nice also. I saw a yellow s30 at Techo Toy Tuning's machine shop with that size on Konig Rewinds and it looked AAAAmazing! It was equiped with a Ford 302 also, i believe. just wow.

Edited by yhlz

you should post some pics up when you get those grids mounted. I am planning on buying those same wheels in bronze but cant decide if i want the 16x8 or 15x8. also quick question, do they come with an offset or are they all 0 offset?