HybridZ

where to mount 4 point harness

rbrick220

Do you have a roll bar with a Harness bar? If not I would suggest investing in one. Are you going to be using your Z on the track or autocross? Im sure someone more familiar with regs will chime in but i think there are only a few ways you can mount it to pass safety.

Do you have a roll bar with a Harness bar? If not I would suggest investing in one. Are you going to be using your Z on the track or autocross? Im sure someone more familiar with regs will chime in but i think there are only a few ways you can mount it to pass safety.

Yes, I took care of that before buying the harnesses. That said, i am not racing it, just want the extra support in the mountains. I have already mounted the outside straps to the stock seat belt mounts, and the inside lap belt to the stock inside seat belt. What i am not sure about is where to mount the 4th strap.

I understand the serious nature and risk of installing harnesses properly. That said bolting the harness to the frame is acceptable practice when first wrapped around a harness bar and maintaining a 0 - 20 degree downward slop. Please see the Bolt-In brackets section for details: http://www.schrothracing.com/sdocs/2009_Competition_Instructions.pdf.

So my question remains; where are people bolting the inside shoulder strap? Is everyone using bar-mount harnesses? Are people welding custom mount points? I know there are plenty of people racing S30's.

So you have a harness bar, but no mounting location on it. You want to wrap it around the harness bar and then bolt it down somewhere in the trunk?

Why can't you just buy these:

http://www.schrothracing.com/store/Competition/hardware/double-shoulder

and then attach it.

These appear to also use the bar wrap vs a bolt. i'll have to figure it out and post what I do. thanks for all the info.