HybridZ

New Varrstoen V3

Hey guys! Varrstoen has made 15" and 16" wheels, they look like CCW and have widths of 8 or 9". They also offer +25, +15, or 0 offset.

I got in touch with a rep and he said the back spacing is 4.5".

Here's a link to their website

http://varrstoen.com/blog/?p=2343

My question is do you guys think that I could run 16s or 15s x 9 with 0 offset if I have the ZG flares and run ground control coil sleeves? Sorry if this is a noob question but I am not good with wheel fitment at all. I want to run a decently meaty tire while still looking decently flush. I have a feeling this information will be helpful to a lot of people on this forum.

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!

My car runs but needs to run better, but damn I need to stop spending on cosmetics and more performance. But any Info I get on these I will share. Hope it's just wide to tuck under rolled fenders so I can use small spacers, we both can get what we want!

I contacted them a 8" +0 has a 4" backspace and 2.5" lip while the 9" wide has 4.5" backspace and a 3" lip. I'm tempted to run these.

This can't be correct if both the 8 and 9 inch wheel are zero offset. The backspacing would be 4.5 and 5 inch respectively. Also, the sizes mentioned work better under stock fenders, with zg flares you would need between negeative 20-25 offset to look right. I hope this information helps. These wheels do look promising, another wheel option for an s30. It just gets better and better.

Yeah well I am going to contact them on monday to see if they will be making a wider wheel. Im sure our z community would love to have these go as wide as 10"

When anyone gets their hands on these post pictures so we can tell how they look. I hope we can run these with flares.

Yeah well I am going to contact them on monday to see if they will be making a wider wheel. Im sure our z community would love to have these go as wide as 10"

When anyone gets their hands on these post pictures so we can tell how they look. I hope we can run these with flares.

You can, if you really like the wheels just use a 20 or 25mm wheel adapter/spacer and go 16x9 zero offset on all 4 corners. I find it very unlikely that they will make the wheel any wider. However, they may make it with a lower offset like -10 or -15, I would ask the company.

I agree, but there are very few tire options. I have 16x8 rota rb-r right now and other than r compounds 225/50/16 is it. As far as width is concerned. 245/50/16 are available but make it look like a truck. oh, and 15's wont clear (as far as i know) my 12.2 inch brakes and wilwoods. or the 4x4 setup

Edited by erehemantresni

I agree, but there are very few tire options. I have 16x8 rota rb-r right now and other than r compounds 225/50/16 is it. As far as width is concerned. 245/50/16 are available but make it look like a truck. oh, and 15's wont clear (as far as i know) my 12.2 inch brakes and wilwoods. or the 4x4 setup

This wheel option is nice!!! and to answer the post above, I've seen the Toyota 4x4 rear brake setup sitting behind 15 inch Konig Rewinds.

Only way they can do a custom offset is you will need a group of 60 people. I just called.

They are an imitation brand and that is why they dont manufacture wheels. They buy them from a supplier and sell them to consumers.

Support those who make quality forged wheels by not buying cheap cast knock offs. Call Dan at Complete Custom Wheel and order a set of Classics if you want that design (you can also choose the offset and size you want). If you cant afford it, go get som second hand quality wheels and refurb them. That will look a lot better and you can be proud of your wheel setup for having nice classic wheels. A nice Z deserves that.

Having Varrstoen replicas is like having shoes or t-shirts that says Nuke or Adidadis. You get the look but everyone interested can spot the fakes.

HaaJeHaa,

I agree with the sentiment, and I'd like to support the people that take the initiative and build something new, rather than those who shamelessly copy them after they prove successful, however, sometimes the decision is not a 'Nike' shirt and shorts versus a 'Nuke' shirt and shorts, it's a 'Nike' shirt and shorts versus being stark arse naked.

Dave

I think the backspacing needs to be revisited. the depth of the lip doesn't matter really. if you have a 9" wheel and 4.5 inches of backspace (truly) then you have to account for another 4.5 inches of potential frontspacing correct? This is going to stick past the stock fender lip. If the lip is 3 inch, that leaves a 1.5 inch deep mounting pad, but that mounting pad is still in front of the hub. Maybe I am mistaken but someting about these backspacing quotes from the manufacturer don't add up.