HybridZ

Quick Video of my H/C/I LS1

Congrats. Doesn't look like the lack of an LSD is holding you back one bit! Funny, I don't think I'm that much louder with my straight pipes! I gotta learn how to row thru the gears like you. Way to go.

Bah thats slow shifting. I just didn't wanna miss a gear for the vid lol

And it has the welded diff in it. A one legger would be a HUGE pain in the ass. It makes nutty torque.

Shifter?

Its a stock ls1 camaro Hurst lower unit, and some no-name short shifter handle, with a leather Hurst ball on it. UMI makes a good handle if i remember right.

About the only upgrade from this would be an MGW. I'll just leave it alone for now though. Its more about the one doing the shifting rather than the shifter right now haha.

Edited by SUNNY Z

I've got more money than sense or experience - I have an MGW shifter and I love it. I have the little dogleg link off to the left to give me some clearance from the hydraulic handbrake handle. Having the little dogleg in that orientation makes getting into reverse a little tedious. If I can have the handle bent (either the handbrake or the shifter, I hope to re-orient the dogleg to the rear, perhaps that will help with getting into reverse.

I need a class on shifting - I ain't nothin fast like you. PM me a phone number where I can call for pointers. That video is the ****.

Awesome! I can't wait for the first burnout in mine.

I love the look of your car with 9.5in tires on all four corners. How about some video from the outside?

Hopefully get some more tomorrow night. Going to a big cruise-in, I'm sure we'll do some pulls :)

Got to go to a cruise in about an hour away today. Had the chance to do some racing as well. The only one that was even close was my buddy's C5 Z06 procharged corvette (540 rwhp). We raced a 30-140, and I got him by a couple cars. It definitely moves out, and pulls like a freight train to the limiter. Hopefully I can harass my buddy enough to get him to edit and upload the video soon. :P

• 4 weeks later...