HybridZ

Best paint/coating for inside of the body (floors, trans tunnel, rockers, etc)?

Chuck_V

I'll be replacing the floors, right now I'm in the process of removing the factory insulation. Once the new sheet metal is in place, what would you guys recommend to protect the inside of the car? I'm looking for something to coat the floors, transmission tunnel, hatch area, spare tire well, rockers... I imagine standard primer will not be the most durable, and I know it can absorb moisture. I'm not doing a concourse restoration, so the factory methods are irrelevant. I just want something moisture proof and durable.

I'd spray on some epoxy primer and top that with some chassis paint. I used POR-15 on my 260z and wish I hadn't.

Its such a pain to work with (mess and smell) and it has peeled off in areas where I had used it over galvanized metal.

I used epoxy primer and chassis black paint from Eastwood for the underside and I'm real happy with the results.

For the interior, primer by itself should be fine. I used a cheap touch-up gun from Harbor Freight to apply.

http://www.eastwood....it-gray-qt.html

I used POR-15. I found if you're good about prep and using the etcher they sell then the bond is super strong.

I agree except when it comes to galvanized sheet metal which is in various places. The metal prep foams

when used on galvanized since the acid reacts to the zinc. This seems to leave a less that ideal surface

for POR-15 to stick to.