1 member has voted

1. 1. LoveFab, HateFab, Somewhere InBetweenFab

• I LOVE my LoveFab Manifold
    • I have mixed feelings for my LoveFab Manifold
    • I LOATH LoveFab Manifolds/Service
    • I have Brand X manifold and Im happy
    • I have Brand X manifold and I also hate it

2012-08-10171848.jpg

I bought this from a local member here. Its never been run or mounted before I had it so its no fault of the seller that I have encountered the following issues.

Im having major fitment issues with this manifold.

The flange for the head interferes with the block where the water passage runs under the head. Im going to have to do some grinding. Also 5 or 6 of the studs have to be shortened so the manifold will not hang up on the end of the stud as it slides on which means I will have to find a way to get the same clamping forces without using the OE washers! Two of those studs are almost impossible to get to at all even with the engine out of the car!

Im highly disappointed with my LoveFab. At such cost, issues like this should not exist PERIOD! Ive already read the horror stories about sending these manifolds back to whats his name for modifications. They are already all over the internet. I got a pretty good deal on this one, but even at the price I paid for it second hand Ive come to realize the construction materials and craftsmanship are superior to the $500 CXRacing manifold I have, but the design fitment is total CRAP just as bad as the CXRacing(though in the defense of CXracing their manifold was designed for a skyline NOT an S30). Im a little scared to try and mock the manifold up in the car that it might have interference with something else in the engine bay(particularly the left strut tower).

I will modify what I have to using a local machine shop, but Im here posting this as a warning to anyone that is thinking about dropping around $2000.00 or whatever the cost is now for one of these new. Think long and hard first. Anyone that has had a good experience PLEASE post it here! Ive read nothing but negative experiences here on Hybridz and a ton of other places. So if you guys will lets start a thread rating these things and save others some headaches.

We've had customers complain about many of the manifolds on the market for the RB's not being able to fit the S30 chassis due to the vastly different engine bay real estate...

Here is the turbo placement we went with when designing one for a customer of ours (pictured is our S30 jig car):

2ih2fdv.jpg

The placement is very different then our other manifolds and can only expect the other manifolds made for the skyline and 240sx run into the same issues. However, the smaller turbo setups (usually found on the RB20's) fit on the straight forward manifolds and minimal clearance, but works.

Pictured is a Precision Billet 6766.

Hope you find success with your setup. Can't really speak for the issues you ran into but I've seen similar issues with all kind of setups come into the shop.

Edited by Coolwhip

What bothers me is more of the fact that it doesnt even fit the bolt pattern on the cylinder head well. This manifold was advertised to me as to be able to fit in an S30 not a skyline. Though I understand there are a few different mounting kits out there for the S30 so it could be difficult to match everything up completely, but still these engines go into the S30 all within a few inches of each other based on the cross member, sump lean, and bulkhead clearances. There is no excuse as to why the flange should hit the engine block though.

• 1 month later...

I have discovered something!

The Lovefab manifold I have has bolt patterns for both the RB25 and RB26 exhaust studs. The RB26 studs as most know are a smaller diameter. The love fab fits those studs almost perfect. The only issue now is that the manifold still does not clear the coolant passage on the block until I get my grinder out.

I dont plan on running the RB26 head for some time so thats a bummer.

Anyway those are my updated findings.

I recommend the raw brokerage one Ricky just posted. I was going to have them build one for me but R.I.P.S. made me an offer I couldn't refuse as he was building me a RB30. The raw one will put the turbo where it needs to be, much further forward. My manifold pretty much centers the turbo on cylinder 3 which is right where the strut tower is. Still will work but just a tighter fit, granted it is a T04Z so it's a bit bigger than your t3.

I will post picks when it gets back from ceramic coater.

Oh that looks like fun... I have a GT35 knockoff and a GT30R to choose from at the moment. My compressor housing looks to be in about the same spot. I may have to employ some spacers on the engine mounts to un-tilt it a little. Ive already massaged the passenger side inner fender well for the intercooler piping and TB. Whats a little more.