HybridZ

I need a cas sensor

stony

Anyone have an extra?

I guess my motor had the older mitsu sensor on it that is damn near impossible to get apart to install the AEM cas wheel.

Anyone know if the Z32 cas sensor is the same? and will fit the RB.

Here's what i had left and i still never got the damn pin out of the shaft!!!

mycassensor.jpg

http://forum.aempower.com/forum/index.php/topic,28075.0.html

Have you emailed Venus Auto? I was just in there and he has a stack of parts motors at the moment.

I think there are 3 different options. I dont know if they all interchange(I think they do but not positive). I have 3 different ones at least. The ones I have came off of 93, 94, and 99 RB25det engines. Ive heard that some of the earlier style aluminum CAS's do not come apart and some do and they can be identified by the center holes on the front? One has a rubber insert, and one has an aluminum insert, and the 99 NEO is an all plastic cover from what I can tell. Wish I could tell you which came apart for sure, but I think now you know which ever yours was might have been the one that doesnt come apart?

I might be able to help you with the CAS if you want to deal with Venus Auto indirectly. He is suppose to be sending out some parts to me very soon and if you have ever dealt with him before then this offer would make sense. He might be willing to give me a good price on one.

Ray

Edited by rayaapp2

Also isn't there supposed to be a alignment pin on the cam side? When i pulled out the sensor and started trying to take it apart a half moon piece of metal fell out. pretty sure that isn't good.

I had everything marked on the old one when i took it off so i should be able to time a new one when i get it. (I hope).

Looking at this pic it was the piece that is in the middle of the right cam in the pic, left if looking from behind.

Cam_Install_16.JPG

I had the older one with aluminum insert.

i need this one.

Cas_12.JPG

Check out the connector on that one. That particular one has a Bosch style connector on it. You original post shows the rounded Nissan connector like my 94 S2 RB25.

That sucks about the cam guide for the CAS. That has happened to a few people I know. Im always careful when removnig and re-installing the CAS, but Im sure it doesnt take much for that tab to snap off.

Are you running stock cams? I did seem to think you still were? I may have a spare exhaust cam around somewhere. Ill have to dig for it. I know I have 2 complete sets and one random cam. I think its the exhaust. I have no idea why I would have the intake. EDIT: found it. Its an exhaust. LMK if you need it. I think you can run without it, but?

Edited by rayaapp2

Yea i wasnt really paying attaintion to the connector. sorry bout that.

Thanks for checking I already have one on the way from japan from a friend over there. Got it for me for 20 bux plus shipping. ;>

As for cams I have 280 int and exh cams. I was thinking about going back to stock since I don’t rev past 9500 but that will require reshimming. I just need to figure out how to time the cam and the sensor and line the marks up so I can install in the right position.

Thanks

Check out the connector on that one. That particular one has a Bosch style connector on it. You original post shows the rounded Nissan connector like my 94 S2 RB25.

That sucks about the cam guide for the CAS. That has happened to a few people I know. Im always careful when removnig and re-installing the CAS, but Im sure it doesnt take much for that tab to snap off.

Are you running stock cams? I did seem to think you still were? I may have a spare exhaust cam around somewhere. Ill have to dig for it. I know I have 2 complete sets and one random cam. I think its the exhaust. I have no idea why I would have the intake. EDIT: found it. Its an exhaust. LMK if you need it. I think you can run without it, but?

DO you have a complete set you want to get rid of? in the other thread PMCengines stated that the timing gets a little scatered without the key in there. also read online that crank timing can flux as much as 8 degrees when this key is broken!!!!! that not good at 9000rpm adn running 30 PSI ;>

• 2 weeks later...