HybridZ

stroker kit 280z?

rebello? so far ive decided im not doing an engine swap.ill keep the 2.8 the one i found im saving up for is a 78 which I think is fuel injected/tbi. I want to do a stroker kit but that would require bigger injectors and more fuel pressure am I correct? Im going to stay Naturally aspirated. Im going to do some upgraded things like rear disc conversion, aluminum radiator with dual electric fans, Mild bodykit a small spoiler the headlight covers and some decent wheels. Nothing too crazy lol

• Like 1

rebello? so far ive decided im not doing an engine swap.ill keep the 2.8 the one i found im saving up for is a 78 which I think is fuel injected/tbi. I want to do a stroker kit but that would require bigger injectors and more fuel pressure am I correct? Im going to stay Naturally aspirated. Im going to do some upgraded things like rear disc conversion, aluminum radiator with dual electric fans, Mild bodykit a small spoiler the headlight covers and some decent wheels. Nothing too crazy lol

Good choice, get all the major components "refreshened" and upgraded first ie. brakes, body kits, suspension etc..., faster engines /more HP need all that done first anyway.

rebello?

Rebello

http://www.rebelloracing.com/nissan1.htm

If you're going to stay fuel injected, you're shooting yourself in the foot to keep the stock EFI. It's going to be like pulling an angry tiger's tooth out when it comes to improving power over stock. This is all covered elsewhere, but you won't make enough extra power to be worth the cost doing JUST a stroker. You'll want an upgraded cam, you'll want some BASIC head work done at the LEAST, you'll probably want a better intake, and to follow all that up with the OEM EFI would just be miserable.

The other question that should be asked though, is why spend $4k building a 250hp stroker, when you can spend $2k or less on a 2.8 with a modded head?

Of course you're free to do what you'd like, I just haven't seen too many people pull off budget stroker motors, especially if they're looking for a "kit" to make it easy. And if you're not really concerned about the money, I just don't exactly see it as a fruitful return when buying said "kits".

If you do a 3.0, the way to go is find the EFI out of a BMW 3-liter Six of comparable vintage, and hook the ecu/pin the harness & BMW AFM correctly and run that.

FAR better results than trying to make the Datsun ECU work with the bigger engine, and a hotter cam...