HybridZ

Powder coat prices

daddydonuts

Man thats expensive, specially for intake. I got charged $50 per wheel faces on my wheels for $50 at a reputable wheel company. It came out even cheaper when I bought the powder from, Powderbythepound.com. You should look into buying like half a pound which is like $10 and have a variety of colors to choose from and find a cheaper place or have the same guy charging you $150, less.

Man thats expensive, specially for intake. I got charged $50 per wheel faces on my wheels for $50 at a reputable wheel company. It came out even cheaper when I bought the powder from, Powderbythepound.com. You should look into buying like half a pound which is like $10 and have a variety of colors to choose from and find a cheaper place or have the same guy charging you $150, less.

Wow, kind of limited to one place here, must be why its so high. Guess I will go to ATL

I generally pay a $150 minimum so I save up bunches of parts before dropping them off for powder coat. I can get one TC rod powder coated for $150 or four struts, both TC rods, both steering arms, a front crossmember, both diff crossmembers, all four LCAs, and the transverse link braces for $150.

I generally pay a $150 minimum so I save up bunches of parts before dropping them off for powder coat.

+1,

If you don't need the manifold right away ask them if they can wait until they have a batch of items ready to bake, and if they can lower the price accordingly. I've gotten lower prices this way; when they know they can hold your items and do all the prep work in-between the 'real' jobs it sometimes makes them more agreeable!

There are powder coaters on this forum who may be able to give you a better deal, even with shipping included!

I generally pay a $150 minimum so I save up bunches of parts before dropping them off for powder coat. I can get one TC rod powder coated for $150 or four struts, both TC rods, both steering arms, a front crossmember, both diff crossmembers, all four LCAs, and the transverse link braces for $150.

I bet you're in Cali?

+1,

If you don't need the manifold right away ask them if they can wait until they have a batch of items ready to bake, and if they can lower the price accordingly. I've gotten lower prices this way; when they know they can hold your items and do all the prep work in-between the 'real' jobs it sometimes makes them more agreeable!

There are powder coaters on this forum who may be able to give you a better deal, even with shipping included!

I live next to Ft Benning and there is not much here to increase the competition to lower prices, I have to go to ATL just to get engine work done as well.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I do powder coating and the cost is in the prep work. Blasting by the hour is what kills. Powder is cheap and comes in various colors even in pearls. Harbor freight carry's a basic setup for about $70, and just use an old household oven at 325 degrees. You are doing small parts and not large bumpers so what do you have to loose. Do it yourself.  The basic rate in the state of MO is. 75 an hour to blast, and 50 dollars to paint as much stuff as you can fit in a 5 gallon bucket. Or 50 to 75 for rim that has been prepped.