HybridZ

NJ sees it's first direct hit Hurricane

rags

All I can say is how can you people who live in the southern states ever deal with multiple storms? We have a lot of areas that are totally devastated. The town where my summer home is and where I have spent the last 48 summers, is virtually gone. I'm not expecting much when we are finally allowed back on the barrier island as the news pictures shows many houses completely gone and those that are still standing moved off of their foundations. Lucky for me, I only lost the shed roof, a fence, a few trees and power at my year round house. I can't say the same for some of the other Z brothers in NJ. Some who live in the hardest hit areas I have yet to be able to contact. Hopefully everyone is okay and I'll try to let HybridZ know what I find out.

If you live in NJ and see this message, please post something!

Joe

Went to visit Rags a few days ago to make sure all is well. Finally got in touch with Dave Cygnusx1....he is well. I have been on 16 hour shifts and did one 20 so far as we work to restore the lights. We are starting to attempt to restore substations so if you are seeing this, please stay away from down wires as they may be live soon. Also, if you are lucky enough to find gas, fill up all your cars again as we are bracing for another storm this Wednesday. They are calling for 40-55 mph wind gust. Hope everyone is doing well.....................

I lost power Monday at 8 pm.

Just got it back today, Saturday 4 pm.

It's been a little chilly at night.

I was lucky that we had power at work.

I only lost a day and a half at work.

Very few customers though,(Toyota Service Department)

Lots of trees down, and thankfuly, I suffered no real loss.

I'm now enjoying the house warming up, and internet service,etc.

Got my power back Saturday night. I've been out till all hours doing generator hookups. Usually I get tree damage around my place . This storm I lucked out. Many of my neighbors did not. Gasoline remains the big problem although even with odd and even I was able to fill my gas cans three times and refill my truck from them right at the station. Just could not pump directly into the truck on an even day. I also got lucky with a short can line!

hope everyone in the Z community is OK