HybridZ

Good deal on triple carb set up

mattausten23

I loved my tripple webers. Had them on my 76 but now im going turbo so they are sitting in the garage. Really don't want to sell them but i need the cash to finish my turbo build. Wish i could put them on my 77 because that car with stock Fuel Injection feels soooooooo slow compared to the triple webers.

I will post some pics and a video below. They usually go for 1200 to 1500 for the full kit new. Just PM me an offer if you are interested.

2012-06-24155938.jpg

2012-06-24155950.jpg

2012-06-24155955.jpg

2012-06-24160000.jpg

Edited by Randall

I bought my webers 5 years ago complete with a polished intake manifold and dirty K&N filters for about $650, one of the carbs had a hole in one of the Floats though, which I knew about. I'd expect a set that is "bolt on and run" (although it's never that easy) should go for around $700-800 if they look like **** but work and $1000 if they look like they've been serviced.

It also depends on what kind of manifold is being used, what size they are, how they are jetted and filters if any can have even a little impact. Also this should be in the Parts Wanted section.

Got a set of 40 Webers on a new polished cannon intake manifold. Carbs came off a running car but have been sitting in a box for years in my garage. K&N filters and Velocity stacks included.

Im just down the road from Watsonville.

2012-09-20165413_zps45e1ba90.jpg

$1200

Edited by rayaapp2

"Wish i could put them on my 77 because that car with stock Fuel Injection feels soooooooo slow compared to the triple webers."

I thought the same thing. They make the right noises... But my dyno checks and 1/4 mile times proved otherwise.

You just don't bolt them on and surpass what the stock EFI makes. (That is with the recommended jetting from redline or Mikuni)

I've posted that before, I've seen more than one 80 HP L28 with Triples...

blink.gif

"Wish i could put them on my 77 because that car with stock Fuel Injection feels soooooooo slow compared to the triple webers."

I thought the same thing. They make the right noises... But my dyno checks and 1/4 mile times proved otherwise.

You just don't bolt them on and surpass what the stock EFI makes. (That is with the recommended jetting from redline or Mikuni)

I've posted that before, I've seen more than one 80 HP L28 with Triples...

blink.gif

Yeah feels slow and actually being slow can be deceiving. My 76 also had weight and exhaust flow advantages that also probably make a difference (including 6 to 1 headers and 2.5 inch exhaust and heavy 280z bumpers removed) I feel the webers were tuned well besides the air correctors but i could have been wrong.

Its probably just the awesome throttle response and noise from the webers that made me feel like it was faster when comparing it to a boring stock quiet FI car.

BTW my webers where tuned to this when i got the car

Chokes - 32

Main - 130

Emulsion - F11

Idle Jet - 50F6

i swapped the idle jet out to a 60f9 i believe (would have to look) because idle was pretty rich.

Air Correctors are still the stock 210 that usually come with webers which seemed to lean the car out above about 4500-5000

Edited by Randall