HybridZ

Interior CAD drawings

Atozone Tonine

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ok, Here are PDFs. The uploader says I cannot upload DWG files.

I still have to verify the overall dimensions, and I think Im missing some clip holes.

I did not include the larger holes that the clips fit onto.. just the holes that the plastic 'cups' sit inside, because I will be using a different method for securing my door panels.

Door Panel - Left Door.pdf

Door Panel - Right Door.pdf

The PDFs are full size on 24" x 48" paper. You can take them to a print shop and have them printed to use as a template.

The "bump" is actually a cutout in the original cardboard, which allows about a 1/4" more space for the mechanism behind the upholstery. In my panels, I will just bump this area out a 1/4"

To make a mold from my drawing:

-Trace onto a sheet of MDF

-Cut along the lines to make an outer ring and an inner pate, flip upside down, and raise the inner plate you can get the slope correct.

-Make the level difference 3cm towards the front of the door, 4cm towards the rear, and flush at the top. Does that make sense? Just look at your door, and you will understand.

I am deciding whether to make from a sheet of 1/8" PVC and a heat gun (not sure if that will work) or fiberglass 

Edited by Atozone Tonine

You will need more than one heat gun if you are thinking oven droop & drop!

I ganged 8 heat guns on an electric oven thermostat into a brick walled, sheetmetal topped oven for making polycarbonate windows. Hats large sheets to the droop point fairly quickly if you get the right "leak rate" so back blast doesn't melt the front end of your HF Heat Guns!

• 7 months later...

yes, i will do that.

First attempt to transfer the pattern to 1/8" Black PVC went ok, but I cracked the sheet when drilling for the window crank.

Also, the PVC was not flexible enough to install the trim behind the door pull.

I think I will just use the template to cut out door panels in black rubber and be done with it.

after that, I will put the template on a black piece of paper and spray paint the pattern onto the paper, then scan it and upload it.