HybridZ

How clean does the head have to be?

Perfect240z

If you're willing to do that for half an hour, you're going to ruin a head!

Medium Sandpaper=Too Rough

Pushing DRY=excess force vector down on the back of the head.

FINE sandpaper, your wife's glass table, LOTS OF OIL, and FROM THE SPARK PLUG SIDE so you can grab both ends make that "Figure 8"!

You will have a finish that is flat with a 15~90 degree crossing hatch pattern that is barely visible.

Do it like that guy with an L6 head, and I'll warrant you can measure a height difference front to back!

In lieu of Betel Nut try 16 double shot espressos on a 16 hour fasting stomach...

Photo at the last head party I threw...attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Is that the view of the ceiling from your barely open eyelids after way too much sanding, too much coffee, and nothing in the stomach to calm it all?

The cheapster in me is looking at this glass table next to me saying "you know, we're moving again this year... I could re-purpose that as a dedicated head sanding surface..."

Edited by Gollum

Is that the view of the ceiling from your barely open eyelids after way too much sanding, too much coffee, and nothing in the stomach to calm it all?

The cheapster in me is looking at this glass table next to me saying "you know, we're moving again this year... I could re-purpose that as a dedicated head sanding surface..."

How bout you try it soon and let us know how you like it. Lol