HybridZ

Evil Z final version!

What have I been doing since 2005?

Back in 2005 I bought my 1973 240z. I found the car because of David (1 tuff z) and we looked at it together as this would be the start to my V8 s30 affair. I finished days before 07 ZCON. Rough around the edges but she was fast.

EvilZ%20%2821%29-XL.jpg

After a year I now wanted paint to match the drivetrain I was driving around with. In 2008 I picked up a 1971 240z that had old school fg flares and made her into this car that most people know today which was completed in 2009.

DSC_0067.jpg

After having the 71 built for 3 years now, I realize I wanted a car I can drive for longer periods of time, have ac, not smell like fumes and STOCK body lines. I looked into a subtle Z kit, vintage ac kit, repaint of engine bay and new barrels for the CCWs and the cost was up there. I know I have out grown the look of the car and though it was something I thought about for a long time - it was time to part the car out to build the final version of what I now wanted. Lucky a very good friend of mine was thinking about selling his Z of 27 years. For as long as I knew him, he has always told stories about it and once in awhile look back at old photos. Looking at the car for the first time 2 years ago, I knew I wanted it. Actually to know the history of the car and something that meant so much to a friend of mine would have been a honor to own. So after some talking, Feb 2013 I purchased Joe's (rags) 260Z.

redcovered-XL.jpg

engdriversside-L.jpg

The plan is to swap my LS1 combo into this car giving her new life again. The car has been well taken care of and will see another 25 years as such. There are a few major items that I love about this car and it comes with knowing the history of it. The frame kit Joe had installed back in the day is awesome. Watching this car roll down the road, you can see it is rock solid. I plan to post pictures and the ad for the frame kit later next week. This is an AC early 260z with rechromed 240z bumpers and the car looks great! Stock body lines that I have been after. Very nice interior which non of my v8 cars have had. When this car was painted back in 1991, NOS fenders, headlight buckets and both rear quaters. I will have to snap more pictures of the car when the weather clears up but I am very excited. The plan is to have the car done before June so I can test out the AC!

Stay tuned as this swap takes place........again!

Edited by EvilC

Gorgeous! I can definitely understand wanting to go back to stock body lines. There's beauty in the simplicity. Congrats, Clive!

And this may be the final version of EvilZ...but you can always call the next series of monsters by a new name haha.

P.S. - The original EvilZ (gray '73) will probably be for sale soon as a project. I unfortunately just don't have the time for it.

• 1 month later...

Finally getting my butt in gear here. Only because I don't know any better, I am going to start gathering all the parts I need to get powder coated and such before I begin to swap the ls1 next month and try to finsih up the white 260z within that same month.

Today I placed an order for the AC parts from Johns Car. I also placed an order for ARP head bolts and gaskets for the head swap. LS2 starter and bolt will be needed when I install the new SS long tube headers. Will update with pics over the next few days.

• 6 months later...

Not much done this year but as Fall starts I am getting my butt back in gear!

So early in the summer, I attempted to strip the engine bay myself to refresh the old paint and smooth out some of the areas. I also wanted to add the top half of the pdk bar I was able to pick up via Ebay.

DSCN0944-X2.jpg

DSCN0946-X2.jpg

So sent the car to the body shop to get the front end sprayed. She needs alil touch up that will be done next week which will allow me to start reinstalling the engine and trans.

DSCN1106-X2.jpg

Tonight ordered some parts needed for the brakes:

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/113240-handy-wilwood-brake-plumbing-product/

&

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/102754-a-one-inch-diameter-brake-master-cylinder-for-the-s30-z-cars/

which will allow me to clean up the bay and have known working Wilwood products to match the AZ Wilwood setup I have to go on the car. I am either going to use SS brake lines I have or spray/cover the existing lines.

Also need to order the LS2 started needed and rockers so I can finish cleaning the engine and button that up. Some other parts cleaned up, trust me it is red and not pink lol

DSCN0706-X2.jpg

More to come...............

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...