HybridZ

Clear split turnsignals, where to buy?

jangholt

They popped up on eBay recently. Here's a link to one of the sold items: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251229060339 I would keep checking that sellers store and see if he re-lists another. Pretty expensive though, you're looking at $150+ for just the housings and around another $150 for new clear lenses.

Thanks i´ll keep an eye out for it! Have these been sold by Nissan, seems to be an originalpartsbox on the pic?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Instead of having one bulb, these have two separate bulb sockets. One for parking, and the other for the turn signal. I believe they were sold in Australia/New Zealand. 

We do seem to have a few in this part of the world (NZ), as well as orange ones.  I've been collecting these things recently in an effort to make a good set for my project.  I've got two right hand clear lenses, both with small cracks unfortunately, but they have the same part number as the orange one I have - "IKI 3031R Made in Japan"

Do US housings only have one bulb - park?  Even 240Z?

We do seem to have a few in this part of the world (NZ), as well as orange ones.  I've been collecting these things recently in an effort to make a good set for my project.  I've got two right hand clear lenses, both with small cracks unfortunately, but they have the same part number as the orange one I have - "IKI 3031R Made in Japan"

Yeah, my North American 240z only has 1 bulb for the parking/blinker lights. 1 Bulb socket, 2 filament bulb. Same with my 260

I do love how these look more though.

That's awesome. Should sell some if you have a mint set. I saw a set of split amber ones go for $950 :0

But yes. the US housings only have 1 bulb as OldAndyAndTheSea said. However, there is a spot that looks like a filled in socket on the back. I had a spare set of backs laying around so I figured I'd build a set. Is there like a divider inside to separate the 2 bulbs from one another?

However, there is a spot that looks like a filled in socket on the back. I had a spare set of backs laying around so I figured I'd build a set. Is there like a divider inside to separate the 2 bulbs from one another?

I have the same idea. Was thinking of cutting a piece of plastic to fit and applying epoxy to act as the divider. Knock out that filled socket, and wire up a new bulb. 

I have the same idea. Was thinking of cutting a piece of plastic to fit and applying epoxy to act as the divider. Knock out that filled socket, and wire up a new bulb. 

Yep. That's exactly what I'm doing with my spare set. Have a set of replica amber inserts being shipped from the same ebay seller mentioned earlier in the thread. $30 shipped from Austrailia. So once I get those I'll get a set of clear lenses and it'll be complete.

The hardest part about the lense inserts is that they stick out into the extruded lense (as you can see from that ebay stores replica ones) so that's why I decided to just buy them instead of going through the trouble to build that part.

I just sent him a message through Ebay. 

I got inspecting, and technically building the lenses how I intend may or may not put the main bulb behind the amber insert a little too far over, but no way to tell until I get the inserts. I studied the replica lenses and it seems that the housing angles the bulb a little towards the inside (more behind the amber insert) as opposed to what I'm doing where it just points straight. 

• 1 month later...

Hey revo did you ever get those inserts? I am impatiently waiting for mine. 

Yep. got them. They are spectacular. I'm finishing up the reflective material that goes inside and the divider before I attach them. Then I'm probably going to have to pay retail for some clear lenses :/