HybridZ

My new gauge setup! DEFI

rnye

25nt.jpg

datsungauges1.jpg

Just thought I'd post my new setup.  80mm Defi BF tach, Defi ZD display, Defi 60mm CR - Oil pressure, EGT, Boost, Water/Oil temp.  Custom carbon fiber bezels/center stack, everything relocated to toggles (12V, parking/headlights/signals, fan, etc).  BeeR launch control, Sparco 330mm suede wheel with NRG quick release.  Not pictured:  Bride Stradia Lomax seats, cage, custom fuel cell coming.

Edited by rnye
  • Like 1

I am a huge DEFI fan and its the only gauge I run.  For mounting them I used custom brackets (and a little hot glue LOL). The ZD display features built in oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, tach, speedo, etc - and has various displays you can cycle through as well as a shift lights and warning settings.  

For those that don't know all the gauges are daisy chained to a module that is paired to all the sensors.  The 5 gauges in the center are the "CR" series, the tach is the "BF".  Personally I am over the BFs as they have been hugely replicated by cheap/knock off brans and only went with the tach because of size/color.  The white gauges int he center are also color programable between red/blie.  I keep them blue since the tach is not changeable.

Now - DEFI just released the RS series which are styled after vintage JDM gauges like our S30 uses , but of course have all the features of their other gauges.  Don't expect it to come cheap - my setup was in the $2200 range.

http://www.defi-shop.com/info/news/rs_reservation/

I would definitely wait until they release a 60mm since it fits perfectly in our OEM mounting holes.

• 5 months later...

Thanks.  Like I said all the sensors are linked to a control unit, which is linked to the gauges (daisy chain).  If you want JUST the ZD display with all sensors I want to say it's +/- $800.  Just the display unit itself (if you already have the sensors installed for all the other gauges) is $400 +/-.  

Defi, like most all other "mad tyte JDM yo" baller brands are expensive - but for a reason.  Cars are the only place that I am "brand whore" and usually only run high end Japanese aftermarket on my Japanese car.  I.e., Work wheels, Bride seats, Defi gauges, etc.

I figured since the interior is where you spend all your time - spend the money.  I have to stare at the gauges all day - might as well be pretty lol.