HybridZ

Help needed

I need suggestions on what engine swap to do on a 240z I want something with good weight hp ratio and fuel injection not something flashy and loud thats going to break bank... Would rather stay as far UNDER 10k as possible.. In the end I want a clean sleeper

Miles HAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, If you're considering something under $10K, and you want EFI, you're probably going to want to buy a donor Camaro from 1998 -2002.  Buy it and swap the complete running gear out into the Zcar.  You'll get the ECU, Wiring Harness, trans/motor and all accessories, then scrap the car for $500-600 at the local scrap yard. 

Mike

10K is very doable if you are doing all the fab work yourself . As Mike stated , get a donor car ( F body , prefer T/A ) . Mine cost less than 3K ( LS1 drivetrain swap ) to get it running and driving . After swap upgrades is where it will break the bank . LOL

What are my best opps for a fuel inj donor car?

LS or LT ? I would go with the LS , it's lighter and better . IMO . If LS then you would want 99 - 02 F body , stay away from 98 . Trans Am would be better , you get better return on sold parts .