HybridZ

Dyno day today

Hit the dyno this morning. 291hp 304hp 5.3 with a small cam tune but just a safe tune so theres more power to be had and was running open headers through the hood vents so thats robbing a little bit also. Wfritts I dont know how you ran open headers for so long way way way way way way too loud. Rear end is holding up really good just need the right springs way too stiff right now. Heres a video does 141 in 4th gear with the stock 3:08s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec9BiMwSESU

Hahaha. First off I'm young and have a very high tolerance level. Second, I'm on the stock cam. Cams make these motors WAY louder. Also it doesn't appear your pipes actually come through the hood vents. My pipes came past the hood a 2-3 inches, which might have helped on the noise. Another thing, if you think those are loud, wait until you run straight longtube headers that dump below the floor. When I built my long tubes, the stacks didn't even come close to the noise level of the actual headers. I drove it around straight headers for 2 weeks and had to go back home to build exhaust. Between the noise and the fumes, I couldn't handle it lol.

Power seems low to me, but maybe its not. Feel like a cammed 5.3 should be higher than that. Need to get some track times. And you desperately need to swap those 3.08s out for a real gear. I'm probably going to go 3.73 or 3.90 in mine.

Car looks good though! Go drive it!

-Will

Nope they dont come out of the hood but damn its loud. I ran glass packs dumped under the seats awhile back and wasnt as bad but still annoying. Power isnt bad for a 5.3 the cam is very small 510/510 236/236 114 lsa but its not tuned for it and the lack of exhaust hurts quite a bit. Track times are coming having no fear hopefully this time it wont hop across the track in every gear. The 3.08s suck so badly its not even funny it did 141 mph on the dyno in 4th at around 5800 rpm will spin 6200 if i let it.

Hahaha. First off I'm young and have a very high tolerance level.

It doesn't take much to damage your hearing, and it doesn't come back...

Power does seem a bit low, hopefully there's an A/F ratio on the graph, that'll splain a lot I'm betting.

Edited by BLOZ UP

If its a Dyno-Dynamics or Mustang, those numbers probably arent too far off.  Dyno numbers dont mean a whole lot though.     Are you still running the 5.3 intake manifold? They pick up quite a bit with an LS6 intake which can be found pretty inexpensively.

Has an ls1 egr intake nothing special. Air fuel has never been checked and has never been fully tuned. There are no o2 sensors it has a speed density tune. The plan is ls2 intake ported heads and a 76 mm turbo around 11 psi. Thats the reason for no o2 sensors right now. The dyno was reading a roughly 7-10 hp off that day do to no optical sensor.

I wouldn't focus on numbers at all...  The dyno I use is horribly low, but is also the type that allows a load to be applied to the drum.  Stock 2006-2013 Z06 Corvettes generally roll 370-380 WHEEL HP on it.  We don't chase numbers though, as we use it as a tool to test combinations in the hunt for speed.

If that's the dyno you're going to use consistently, you might want to get familiar with it, and ask the dyno guy lots of questions.  Will he be tuning it for you?  Did they not log any AFRs?

Mike.

Edited by Mikelly

I wouldn't focus on numbers at all...  

If that's the dyno you're going to use consistently, you might want to get familiar with it, and ask the dyno guy lots of questions.  Will he be tuning it for you?  Did they not log any AFRs?

Mike.

The numbers are kind of the point, no?

While comparing numbers from different dynos can be somewhat pointless (or even ones from the same dyno at different times of year), using one dyno consistently to tune the numbers up is the whole point. So, while you may focus on the A/F and knock/timing, the numbers respond directly.

But yeah, without an A/F readout you're just guessing.