HybridZ

DIY - carbon fiber wing instructions

dav_it

cool article.  I ran into a aeronautical engineer on day and he saw the wing on the back of our m3 track car and said it looked cool.  to bad it does not work well.  this was a 3d airfoil from arp.  that stuff is foreign to me.  i need to site down and read some articles on air foils.  i read on arp's website about why the 3d works on some cars.  kind of interesting.  not sure what would be better for the s30.  might make a wing and jack it it to to roof line.

jimbo

Jim, ARP makes spacers that you can add in to get the wing you have higher. 3D is an unknown quantity. Really needs testing to see what works with the shape of the car you're putting it on. 

Nice work on the CF wing. The thing that strikes me about the wing that was made is that it doesn't have a lot of camber. Probably could have been a little more aggressive in that respect. 

Here is a similarly cool forum post about how to fab an aluminum wing: 

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/302014-poor-mans-aero-building-your-own-wing-many-pix.html

Edited by JMortensen

Nice! That aluminum wing looks pretty awesome.  One of my friends from the Pikes Peak Hill Climb built his own carbon wing following the above procedure - but he actually spent quite a bit of time researching the best shape.  On the last page of his build it shows the current wing.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=271303&page=9