HybridZ

240Z build time

Well I have had my 240Z for 2 weeks now so its time to document my build

Specs:

72 240Z

104K on Body 11,343 on engine, turbo, tranny and diff.

1982 L28ET 

Borg Warner 5 speed Tranny

R200 Diff non lsd 

Front toyota 4 pot brakes

Rear drums 

So far i have done lots of maintenance, cleaning, pulling out the interiors to clean and inspect.

Changed thermostat, new MSD fuel pump, all fluids, plugs, fixed bumpers, lights, new gauges, new straight pipe, my beautiful Hoshino wheels, lowered her a bit more, rolled and pulled fenders and bought more parts.

Since the engine, tranny, diff and turbo rebuild it has been 11,343 miles so more power is the word

Already have a Jim Wolfe ECU for 420cc injectors, Cobra Maf, New 420 cc Injectors, having a front mount fabricated this week, manual boost controller, and other little things.

The goal now is 350HP

I love the bodylines of the Z so I really did not want to install flares so after a lot of research and measuring I was able to fit my Impul Hoshinos.

Wheel specs:

Impul Hoshino G5

Fully polished

front 15x9.25 -13 (5 inch lip)

Rear 15x9.25 -38 (5.5 inch lip)

No rubbing at all 

As soon as my power goals are accomplished she will be off for body work and a new coat of white paint, she has a couple of rust bubbles very minimum tho so this will be corrected.

Here a couple of quick pictures from a car show in the local area a couple of days ago.

9542144435_1818a4cf9b_b_zps6a2b4e69.jpg

9544927748_1c9f635b77_b_zpsbce31acc.jpg

9544924376_29f6b20278_b_zps5fd88e2d.jpg

9544921634_f430b153b7_b_zps185a9f23.jpg

Those Hoshinos are interesting...  Not for me, but cool in their own right.  What I'm wondering about is that exhaust stack, What's up with that?  Is it really up almost even with the rear deck?  I'm not knocking it, I'm just wondering the purpose/style?  I'd imagine it should keep the fumes out of the passenger compartment...

Those Hoshinos are interesting...  Not for me, but cool in their own right.  What I'm wondering about is that exhaust stack, What's up with that?  Is it really up almost even with the rear deck?  I'm not knocking it, I'm just wondering the purpose/style?  I'd imagine it should keep the fumes out of the passenger compartment...

Impul Hoshinos are actually very rare old school JDM wheels produced by Mr Hoshino, professional race car driver in Japan for Nissan back in the 70's 80's.

Impul still produces lots of aftermarket parts for Z's.

The exhaust is a shakotan, bosozuka look alike witch is the style I am going for on the Z

Search boss pipes, and prepare to be entertained.

Looks pretty neat, and very clean, I'm guessing some massive camber, stretch, and coilovers to fit those rims?

Actually the - offset took care of the coilover issue, im running on lowering springs till I get some coilovers, we did rolled and pulled the rear fenders atleast 1.5 inch so I could fit the 15x9.25 -38

The camber took care of itself after I lowered the car

Wow, that's some crazy stuff.  So what are your plans for the S30? Aside from slamming it down and putting on long cray cray pipes?  I love the afterthought oilcooler/intercoolers. I can imagine how many people would step on a front spoiler like that. I'd want to put some wheels under it just incase the downforce was too much.  Those vans are some real serious guys. I can't imagine how much people have spent on these.