HybridZ

280z Z Hawk Package

So I have had this 78 280z for almost a year now, and while searching through the glove box, to show my girlfriend that the dealership sales paper sold the car at $15k instead of the usual $8.8 that most Z's went for back in the day...

I found a slip that said the car was sold with the "Z Hawk" package, and sure enough, with a slight amount of reading on the sales slip, I found that it certainly was why the car was brought up to $15,500.

After doing some research and calling a few people, not very many people know about the Z Hawk Package, all I have found is a poster that I can buy that calls it the "California Z Hawk"

The dealer package includes: 

T-tops, Datsun Competition Hood, Pantera hatch, custom front bumper, rocker panel and welting, a mahogany steering wheel, custom rocket racing spoke wheels, undercoating

Most of the package is still there, I was just wondering if anybody else here has heard of it or know if it's something I should be happy about.

I still love the car regardless, just wondering if this is of any significance :)

this is the website I found the info off of

http://www.mclellansautomotive.com/lit/bymake/datsun/index-6.shtml

Never heard of this before but, i figure it would be the today's equivalent of a dealer sending a mustang to shelby or roush and let them fix it up and return it with an adjusted price sticker. Not sure of the collectors value you would have to take it and get it appraised by an expert but it cant be worth less than what some one is willing to pay for it ;).

Get that poster. If the car looks anything like in that poster and is in ok condition, it could be worth more to a collector (but don't expect it to be). Also keep the dealer slip as it is actual evidence for the VIN, heck get it copied and safely store the original.

Well crap, if only I realized this half a year ago.

I've done multiple things to the car already, fender mirrors, fender flares... extended studs.

Even then, I still have most of the parts that I took off of it, some have died to the test of time and others are sitting behind me in the garage.

It's not like it's not reversible, but here I go, gonna start restoring it to stock.

I gotta locate that mahogany steering wheel.

Probably shouldn't bother.  Sure that Hawk package was an original kit, but that's it. A kit, Sold by a dealer. I really doubt there'd be much interest in it other than a novelty. But, I would love to see some pictures of your car. The mahogany steering wheel might be fun to have, but again a novelty. If YOU like it then go for it, if you like your Z how it is, then keep it, it's YOUR car, putting it back to "stock" isn't going to net you anything special. Especially because it's so different from the mainstream. It probably won't be worth much otherwise, unless you found that special collector with the deep pockets.