HybridZ

1975 280z turbo- worth it?

lantyem

Looks about the same in quality as my 280Z-T when I got it...

...which was $1,100...

But that WAS about 5 years ago. The market IS changing, but I wouldn't pay 3k for that, but I also see people pay 1k for turbo motors... Last turbo motor I bought was only 3 years ago and I paid $250.

Edited by Gollum

Looks about the same in quality as my 280Z-T when I got it...

...which was $1,100...

But that WAS about 5 years ago. The market IS changing, but I wouldn't pay 3k for that, but I also see people pay 1k for turbo motors... Last turbo motor I bought was only 3 years ago and I paid $250.

Must admit it is getting scary.  I picked up my turbo block/head for 100 bucks back in 08.  I rebuilt them for my application but they were perfectly healthy when I bought them.

Ratrod my arse! That's a bloody abortion being kicked around the clinic floor! There's easily $2-3,000 in cosmetics alone on that car...and I don't know where to begin with the Auchweitz-Institute Fuel System photo...

$1,100 would be generous for the package given what it needs. This guy would be WELL advised to go to Earl Schieb or Maaco DIRECTLY after a Naval Jelly two-day soaking of that hideously surface-rusted body and slap the cheapest paint job he can get onto it.

THEN he could probably ask $5,000. (If you have Scheib or Maaco fix that surface rust, you're looking at $2,000 and not 'Half Price normally $499 Presidential urethane Paint Service' sale cost to repair it!)

The end result is the same: $3,000 in his pocket from someone normal. The only person who will spend $3,000 for that car has big gold chains and doughnut residue under his nose saying "he has a little trip up north to do, and wants a car that will get him there cheap!"

• Like 1

Ratrod my arse! That's a bloody abortion being kicked around the clinic floor! There's easily $2-3,000 in cosmetics alone on that car...and I don't know where to begin with the Auchweitz-Institute Fuel System photo...

$1,100 would be generous for the package given what it needs. This guy would be WELL advised to go to Earl Schieb or Maaco DIRECTLY after a Naval Jelly two-day soaking of that hideously surface-rusted body and slap the cheapest paint job he can get onto it.

THEN he could probably ask $5,000. (If you have Scheib or Maaco fix that surface rust, you're looking at $2,000 and not 'Half Price normally $499 Presidential urethane Paint Service' sale cost to repair it!)

The end result is the same: $3,000 in his pocket from someone normal. The only person who will spend $3,000 for that car has big gold chains and doughnut residue under his nose saying "he has a little trip up north to do, and wants a car that will get him there cheap!"

LOL . I was being funny . It does look like it has a clear coating over rusted body .

This is a "Rat Rod Z" (Suitably Photoshopped to remove paint texture...) before presentation on the webpage with other 1st Place Winners that year.

cars-260z-04.jpg

It was a conspiracy of The Heckendorf, I know it!

I'm not usually one to crack on cosmetics, for obvious reasons...

But damn!

if you want to sell and ask a premium price at LEAST make it SHINY for the Crows!

Edited by Tony D