HybridZ

AZC rear brakes with stock fronts.

I have a set of AZC wilwood rear that are not installed yet. My brakes currently are stock. I just woke up this morning to find my rear wheel brake cylinders leaking. I was wondering if I can install the AZC brakes even though fronts are stock? I have a large 260z brake booster on the car and 15/16 master cylinder on the shelf ready for install. If I install AZC rear with 15/16 master cylinder would that be ok? I think I should invest in brake Proportion valve also. The reason I have AZC rear was because I found a deal I couldn't pass up a couple months back. I will lose Parking Brake, but I live and travel to flat parking areas, though AZC has Parking Brake option now. The fronts will be upgraded next year around April. I hope you guys can help.

S13 guys do crap like that all the time. Is it the right way? probably not, but it will work. The prop valve will obviously help distribute the pressure.

I haven't had a parking brake in my datsun for almost 2 years. I just put it in 1st when I park. 

Edited by BluDestiny

I'm pretty sure while it might "work", i.e. the car will stop, it likely won't work worth a damn and has the potential to be really dangerous. Weight transfer during braking will unload the rear wheels. The much larger brakes back there will be more prone to locking, and without much lighter pedal pressures, they will. Worst case result would be a brake you can't touch without losing control of the car. I wouldn't risk it.

If the cylinders are not too corroded, you can stick a repair kit in there for a just a few dollars and it will likely last until April, when you can do it right.

Sam

I had a car in high school that had an axle seal leak and the oil totally saturated the brake shoes. So I replaced the rears only. Somehow I got shoes for the rear that had a much higher coefficient of friction than the fronts. The rears locked first. That car was freaking scary dangerous-I was a high school punk driving a car that wanted to swap ends-this was before the drifting craze. Took me a long time to figure out the problem. Solved it by changing all four sets of shoes at the same time with same spec and problem was solved.