HybridZ

What is the largest tire that can be fit in a stock wheel well (suspension interference aside)

Since my control arms are custom made, and I have the TTT setup on the rear with custom hats, offsets won't mean much compared to a stock setup. I borrowed a set of stock 350Z wheels (I have a 5 lug setup) that had worn out tires on them and calucated the offsets I needed from those. The wheels are Enkei PF01. The tire diameter up front is 24.75" and the rears are 25.25".

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

I'm looking to upgrade to an 8" wheel from a 7". I have a bit of room (.5-.75 inches) between the wheel and the strut, and about an inch between the wheel and the fender. I'm gonna try to find a friend with a 8" 114.3 wheel and mock it up and see how it goes. You shouldn't have too much of an issue going to 8".

I originally set my '77 280Z up running 225/50-16's on 7" wide, 0 offset wheels when I had a stock suspension. I just cleared the fender wells on the outside and the suspension by maybe 3/8" on the inside.  It would have been better if I'd had 5mm of offset.

I guess I'll have to remeasure and see what I can get under it now that I've gone to coil-overs. Anyone want a relatively new set of Dunlop Direzza's? :-)

Edited by Phantom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I measured my 78 yesterday  the rear well seemed to be around 10 inches from highest point of the opening straight to the inner fender well. That was from the inside lip. i will probably have my car back in the air in the middle of the week and will get an exact measurement.

• 2 months later...

Someone gave me a swt of Infiniti  5 spoke wheels with 245/45-17s on them. They fit inside the rear fenders with TTT suspension, but haven't had an alignment yet so I don't know what will change once it's aligned. they do fit between the coilover and fender though.