HybridZ

WTB Clean 240/260/280z - Anywhere

Jay

I'm from the UK, so ideally looking for someone who's willing to ship the car - from what I can tell, it's relatively straight forward.

Looking for a 240/260/280z - preference would be 240. 

Must be okay to use as a daily, preferably with as little rust as possible (obviously)

My budget is around $5000, so looking for cars around that.

So just out of curiosity do you have a shipping agent or know someone in the US, preferably in Southern California, nevada or Arizona region?

And does your price include shipping it to you?

I sold my 260z to someone from the UAE. He called me, I didn't believe him, a few hours later a tow truck operator showed up with a wad of cash to take the car away. 

I haven't done any research yet, other than a few "instant quotes" - a quick Google showed up various options, and there are probably lots in the main cities.. It's just finding one that is reliable and cheap!

Price doesn't include shipping to me, so I guess a total budget of around $7k is available if you can figure out a cheap way to get it to me ;) (Any captains of navy vessels around?!)

Don't be afraid to ship if you have a car to sell.  I sold my diesel Ford Excursion on fleabay to a guy in Sweeden.  He wired the money and the shipping company picked it up at my office.  The total from my door to the port in Sweeden was $1,300.  I paid $1,100 for a z that I had shipped from the Los Angeles area to my door on the east coast.  I used D.A.S. to ship the car from Cali.  I donot recall the company that shipped to Sweeden. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the PMs guys

Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to put this on hold until the summer - Ill keep an eye on these forums and if a bargain comes up I'll consider it, but I can't justify embarking on this project when I've got the Miata to complete!

Would this z work for you?  It's about 2 hours from my house in upstate NY [about 6 hours north of NYC].  I spoke with the seller yesterday, he's sending me more pictures and the vin along with build month/date this weekend.

David

That's a bit of a project! I'd be looking for something I could use daily whilst I improve
Edited by Jay

• 3 weeks later...