HybridZ

LS1 gurus , Info needed on radiator hoses, what are you guys using

I had this info but now it is gone, I have an aluminium rad that has the stock 240Z position for the upper and lower hose, I will like to replaced them as a preventive maintenance move, they are 8yrs young with 20K miles of use . Info on part #s,source, tips, are WELCOME  :icon5:

Edited by PLATA

There was and old thread that had that info with parts #s , but I can not resurface it . My Z is at her winter dorm and will like to have them on hand and avoid the hassle of taking them off and hunt for similar type at a Napa store. It will be ideal to have a source with a part #. 

Edited by PLATA

I got the Blue silicon ones for upper and bottom off of Ebay. cheap too...I highly recommend them....Rob

I don't think that they will work for an LS1 conversion , if some one can chime on in this , that will be welcome . The idea of red silicon hoses on my Z , I LIKE  :icon10:

Edited by PLATA

I opted for something a little different for the lower radiator hose.  I spent countless hours searching for my answer and tried numerous hoses, but finally settled upon something that is, in my opinion, a lot better than a single hose solution.

I went with a straight piece of 1.5-in. diameter aluminum pipe that then uses two angled hose pieces, one coming from my Arizona Z-car aluminum radiator (which is setup like a 280z radiator) and the other connecting to the thermostat body.

post-1734-0-79633500-1389567447_thumb.jpg

Edited by ktm

The issue I'm having with the top hose is either they hit the Taurus fan which is fairly thick, or the intake hose is in the way. I have the steam vent tee so I'm good with combining 2 hoses but can't find 2 that will work together. I bent up a coat hanger and looked thru every hose at autozone and no luck.

I found these numbers while searching on here in an old post:

Part numbers are as follows. Upper hose, PN 82570, crosses to Dayco 71314, Gates 21588, Goodyear 61394. Lower hose to LS1 T-stat housing, 82825, crosses to Dayco 71380, Gates 21712, and Goodyear 61457. The other half that goes to the Datsun radiator is an original for the Datsun, Gates PN 20776. The two beaded tubes I bought from hrpworld.com and have PN's Z17632 (1.375") and Z17633 (1.5").

The 22625 will probably work for your top one since your air intake goes the other way. My fan and intake get in the way of that one on mine.