HybridZ

Constant fuel pump running-away from home now - help pls

I turned key to all the way off position and still hear my fuel pump humming, verified , FPG went all way to 42psi. Check afm flap all good. Limitted internet cant aearch more. Nothing swap or done recently beside a bad alternator , wont charge below 1500 rpm. Everything run good till now , have to take off battery post . pressure cause leak in my fuel line . Thanks

What year is your car? I had the same issue, the fuel pump relay under the dash would stick. The double relay in my 77 can be bought from MSA for around a $100, but I just unbolted mine and gave it a few smacks and it unstuck. Once every couple months it sticks again so I've just left it unbolted so I can reach down and give it a tap if need be. 

Edit: here's the double relay from MSA: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/classic17b12d/11-3470

And the single relay: http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1209260,parttype,3380

Edited by m1ghtymaxXx

The pump running with the key off will not change your fuel pressure.  The 42 psi has nothing to do with the relay.  And if your lines leak at 42 psi that's a separate problem.  They should hold up to 60-90 psi easily.

You can pop the holders on the side of the relay cover and take it apart if you decide that you have a sticking relay.  And if the relay is stuck then the AAR circuit should have power too.  Might be an easy way to get another clue.

Fuel pumps are wires specifically to fail safe (off), There aren't many points of failure that will cause the pump to run on. The relay is a great easy way to start, and the FSM has pin by  pin instructions on how to test it.

You're fuel leak won't be caused by a running pump, however having it pressurized all the time will certainly highlight any leaks. 

Fuel leak where I connect my fuel pressure gauge. Not a big deal I can tight it up. I left my car and using another car to drove back , not daring driving wife and me with car having fuel problem. I will go up there and see what happen. Thanks guy.