HybridZ

Question for the 3.1L Stroker guys

t-tom

So I'll start with the I know I can build a turbo motor for less money, I have several turbo motors and a couple n/a motors already. My budget is 7500-8000 bucks for the build. My question for the guys that have built a 3.1 stroker is Would you do it again? I'm just building a toy.  Track day drivers events maybe an autocross or 2 but mostly just a fun fast street toy.  So would you do it again?

Thanks, Tom 

I've built my own N42/N42 stroker twice. 1st one lasted a couple hundred miles until a couple cyl walls cracked from being to thin. 2nd one I made 88mm and it ran great and lasted then I sold the whole drivetrain and put a RB in.

To answer the question....  heck yea I'd do it again.  I honestly wish I'd have just kept it all instead of selling it.  I'd be about 20g more in my checking account...   :mrgreen:  

For that budget you can build anything you want. IMHO a stroker doesn't cost much more and if you limit to 3L .060 over you want have trouble with finding a block. Maybe a little care with assembly. Those that have built them did so for a reason, and I assume they would do it again for the same reason.