HybridZ

Feeding My Addiction (turbo build)

Where the hell are the videos?

LOL! I was just thinking about you the other day and how I need to get some videos made. I finally splurged and purchased a GoPro a few weeks ago and have made a few videos but my computer is to damn slow to process all the info on 1080p. I'm going to try a video using 720p and see if that will make my laptop happy. I'm going on a mini trip for the next couple of days but when I get back I'll make a grand attempt to get these videos posted. I promis.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol, I was just making a video 3 says ago when in the middle of editing my laptop crashed. Hard drive failure. Needless to say that gave me a good excuse to get a better one. I'm going on a short trip and plan on working on it during the layover between flights.

That's crazy!!! You're still on u-joints with all that power on tap! What did you replace in the 4l60e to hold 550+rwhp without blowing it? I'm seriously contemplating on building another next year sometime...

Thanks and keep up the great work! Yeah I hear you on the remodel, I'm saving for a house/wedding right now so my budget is low currently

That's crazy!!! You're still on u-joints with all that power on tap! What did you replace in the 4l60e to hold 550+rwhp without blowing it? I'm seriously contemplating on building another next year sometime...

Thanks and keep up the great work! Yeah I hear you on the remodel, I'm saving for a house/wedding right now so my budget is low currently

I forgot to add that I'm on my 3rd U-joint on the drivers inner half shaft. Lol. I'm pretty sure it's out again ;(. It just turns those needle bearings into a nice grease/metal mush. I also haven't put the slicks on yet so the u-joints might not handle that traction.

I put a z-pack in for the 3-4 clutch pack. It's holding now but acts funny at times. After installing it I read it will only handle 450 horse reliably so I'll probably be in it again. I think it will handle my power level but just need to gather the right parts for the next tranny build.

Edited by Slow78z

I've said it before:

You're asking to get stranded with U-joint half shafts.

There, now I can go on with my day and start to approach 20# in my car.... Because that in NO WAY is asking for failure

I'm glad you could get that off your chest Sunny. As soon as my budget allows for upgraded rear parts I'll be all over it. Untill then my cell and trailer will be nearby.