HybridZ

Brake Booster Shortage

I have a 75 280z and my brake booster has to be changed. I am finding it difficult to find a replacement. From my understanding, I need to use the 8.5 in. diaphragm booster. The only thing is that no one carries this item anymore (Oreilly, Napa, Autozone). It seems that manufacturers are no longer making them. Some of the auto parts stores do still carry the 10 in. diaphragm booster though. Will the 10 in. one work? Are there any other boosters that can work with our applications? Any advice is appreciated.  

Not on the 280 the 10" is for the 2+2 cars. I bought one when i could not get the 8.5 and it was a noticeable difference out of the box for sure.

Perfect! Thanks for the info.

Were there any adjustments or modifications that had to be made or was it easy to replace? Thanks.

Perfect! Thanks for the info.

Were there any adjustments or modifications that had to be made or was it easy to replace? Thanks.

You might have adjust the length of the booster to master cylinder push rod. Do a search for  adjusting the push rod.

For what it's worth, I ordered from Parts Geek last time I needed a brake booster...at the time, they had the best overall price (including shipping and core value).  That was three years ago and it's been working fine since.  Good luck.

I've always hated posts that never have links to answers so hopefully I've got the right link for rod adjustment. Miles, is this what you were talking about? 

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/102754-a-one-inch-diameter-brake-master-cylinder-for-the-s30-z-cars/

Do you mean that you want us to do your searching for you?

Here is the link:  http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/109702-hybridz-is-not-automotive-101/

Off to the shed!

Edited by Miles

Haha. No that's not what i meant but I often do searches and have a hard time finding links. And if I find links, the info often leads to finding another link. Plus, this site has changed over the years and some of the old stickies arent viewable anymore. Thanks for the link Miles. ;)

Edited by yhlz