HybridZ

Damaged R200

richie2619

The rim on the (short side), the plate that covers the internals, was pushed in to the point that it distorted the hole. About 2mm. Look closely at the 1st and third pic. The 1st one shows through the good hole, how far out of round it is.

Do you think re-drilling it would be ok?

I'm not trying to be an ass. It just makes me kind of nervous.

It fell pretty hard.

Edited by richie2619

Did you report this to the shipping company, and was it insured?

This is easily a shipping damage claim, where you can claim repair costs or outright replacement.

The postal service lost a LOT of stuff during Katrina and insurance paid out lots of claims.

But wouldn't the return cost be as much as you paid for it? Our wonderful freight department refused a crated set of compressor rotors DHL airfreight back to Kuala Lumpur and that was $440! (Actually cheap if you consider the size/weight!)

I agree this is repairable...but I would make a claim against the shipper to see what consideration you can get. That it was packed in cardboard and not properly crated they may tell you "pound sand" at which time I would consider asking the shipping/selling entity to work a replacement part or defray repair costs.

Asaluh m'lekum, it's not good business lah!