HybridZ

Turbo buildup list..Help fill in the blanks..

Guest 327zxer

Guest 327zxer

I am starting a list of stuff for my 280zx turbo 2+2. Here are the things that are on my list so far-1. cold air intake system,2. custom 3" exhaust with dynomax muffler,3. turbonetics super series t3/t4 turbo,4. HKS intercooler,5. Apex-i super avc-r boost controller,6.greddy turbo timer

Thats it. I know I missed alot like a fuel computer, injectors, afm, metal head gaskets,and a few other things. Now for the tranny what performance clutch kit and performance flywheel should I add.

IF you guys can help me with my decision and if at all possible give me a link to the part.

My goal is to be able to get 400hp and run 15psi with out any problems.

Guest 327zxer

I found some computers there is the Greddy E-manage fuel computer, there is the MSA fuel computer, There is the 300zx ECCS thing which I won't use because I have a 300zx turbo and the computer is worthless and needs to be upgraded it self.I will prbably get the greddy emanage computer.

• 2 weeks later...
I found some computers there is the Greddy E-manage fuel computer, there is the MSA fuel computer, There is the 300zx ECCS thing which I won't use because I have a 300zx turbo and the computer is worthless and needs to be upgraded it self.I will prbably get the greddy emanage computer.

emanage = shit

sds = :D

Do those injectors have o-ring or hose ends' date=' and what do they flow?[/quote']

supra injectors are good they're o ring and flow 550cc sidefeed

MKIII turbo injectors are 0-ringed but only flow 430-440cc. MKIV turbos are 550cc but are side feed.

If you want 400, build it for 500hp so you have some room to grow and aren't at the limit of the inj, and turbo.

I would run atleast the MKIII or larger before the SVO's. They are cheap, every one with a MKIII Supra upgrades to 550's or larger. A 440 cc inj will make roughly 440 hp on a 6 cylinder, 550cc + 550 hp and so on. Or run additional injectors with an HKS AIC and leave the factory computor in place. If you want to make 400hp which is easily obtainable you need a lot of fuel, a big turbo and 20+ psi. I would leave the T3/T4 for the Honda guys and get a full T4 with an external WG (Tials are around $220), atleast 60-1 and don't go larger than a .69 if you are worried about lag. I would skip the fancy avc boost controller and turbo timer as neither make you any more HP. A manual boost controller works fine and don't shut the car off right after raging on the turbo. A metal HG isn't neccasary neither is the flywheel. You will need a clutch and press plate though. I went with Clutch Specialties for the price and am very happy with it.

For Supr inj. http://www.supraforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=42&x=14&y=8

For clutch http://clutchspecialties.com/, just call it's easier.

For the best prices on turbos, Arizona Turbo, 1-888-253-9950, don't know the web site.