HybridZ

Solid axle Ls Z

Learning from my past builds I know one thing is for sure. If it can be broken I am the guy to break it. That being said this is my second Ls powered Z and Im trying to make it as bullet proof as possible. I wanted to keep it looking like a street car and not a full blown back halved race car.  Wheels are CCW 17x11 with Mickey Thompson 315-35-17 DR. Narrowed 9inch with Moser wavetrac and Strange 35 spline axles and of course some nice aerospace disc brakes. I have plenty of room for more tire should I choose to down the road.

post-1956-0-26742900-1426028244_thumb.jpg

post-1956-0-64586000-1426028261_thumb.jpg

post-1956-0-94149500-1426028281_thumb.jpg

post-1956-0-79553500-1426028304_thumb.jpg

post-1956-0-24077800-1426028329_thumb.jpg

post-1956-0-16802400-1426028355_thumb.jpg

post-1956-0-18247700-1426028385_thumb.jpg

post-1956-0-04214500-1426028424_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't going for the sleeper look but more of performance street car . There is no hiding there is something going on here lol. I was trying to stay away from the big tire track car look. It is flared but with subtle z rear quarters so it still looks stock or sort of stock.

Wasn't going for the sleeper look but more of performance street car . There is no hiding there is something going on here lol. I was trying to stay away from the big tire track car look. It is flared but with subtle z rear quarters so it still looks stock or sort of stock.

Hating on my look I see! I have no flares though, tucked it all in.

MistaFosta 36 1800553986 O

Your car looks good. It was one of the pics that inspired me to go the route I have. When I say big tire track car I'm thinking those cars with 33inch slicks.

Thanks man, if you have any questions feel free to ask! Short 4 links like ours can be a bit of a headache to setup right

Thanks man, if you have any questions feel free to ask! Short 4 links like ours can be a bit of a headache to setup right

Looks like yours has no problem transfering weight lol. I would love to see what you did for exhaust. I am thinking side exit right now. 

Looks like yours has no problem transfering weight lol. I would love to see what you did for exhaust. I am thinking side exit right now. 

Too much weight transfer was my issue there hahahahah. We got the car a little more stable now, but I'm about to add another 400hp so its gonna get hectic again I'm sure.

Exhaust on my blower or turbo setup? Blower was duals out the back from shorties. Turbo is a split exhaust, I have a 4.5" dumped downpipe with a cap, and a 3.5" full length exhaust with a muffler. (I need to extend it though, it fills the car with fumes on decel atm.

Too much weight transfer was my issue there hahahahah. We got the car a little more stable now, but I'm about to add another 400hp so its gonna get hectic again I'm sure.

Exhaust on my blower or turbo setup? Blower was duals out the back from shorties. Turbo is a split exhaust, I have a 4.5" dumped downpipe with a cap, and a 3.5" full length exhaust with a muffler. (I need to extend it though, it fills the car with fumes on decel atm.

If you have pics of both would love to see them. 

If I start breaking axles I will go solid axle 8.8 and sell my TTT conversion. Hopefully it will last on sticky drag radials but I am worried with Ls2/cam/100 shot..I have some of the subtle z flares too (not installed) and have wondered whether the TTT setup can handle a bigger tire such as 275 drag radial or equivalent cheater slick.

You have a very nice ride but definitely no sleeper but who cares. I like it and the intimidation factor.

Edited by 78 LS2 Z

If you have pics of both would love to see them. 

Find my build thread on here, most of the turbo stuff is on there. I realize that I actually don't think I ever got a picture of my blower exhaust. It was just your basic dual exhaust on a v8 Z though

• 3 months later...