HybridZ

Z31 ecu and maf/Apexi SAFC Question

bryand2

I am running the z31 ecu and MAF swap on my l28et, would like to get my afr's under control. I am considering running one of the old school apexi safc controllers for the MAF but not sure if it is even usable, any input would be appreciated.

So my a/f ratio is a bit rich, and I want to be able to richen the mixture under boost, the old school apexi safc allows afr tuning for different rpm's. To leons' question, because I was told Nistune is garbage, and what I wanted to know was if the safc can even be used with the z31 setup, as I understand it, it is only meant for certain cars and im concerned the z31 may be too old, is that not correct?

If you get a turbo ecu and turbo injectors, with the correct AFM, you should be able to run as-is with no tweaking up to about 280hp, higher if you use a rising-rate fpr...

If you're running wonky, it might be related to the CHTS signal, did you install one? the early pathfinder has a sealed kind you can tap into a filler neck just fyi...

So my a/f ratio is a bit rich, and I want to be able to richen the mixture under boost, the old school apexi safc allows afr tuning for different rpm's. To leons' question, because I was told Nistune is garbage, and what I wanted to know was if the safc can even be used with the z31 setup, as I understand it, it is only meant for certain cars and im concerned the z31 may be too old, is that not correct?

Nistune is also not garbage, it allows you to tune everything that nissan programmed the ecu capable of doing, AND MORE.

The one thing it doesn't do well is "auto-tune" which is why lazy fks don't like it...

I have zero experience with Nistune so I can't really say anything about it. Not sure if the SAFC is compatible with your setup...