HybridZ

How much rwhp for 11's?

z ya

I am not sure of the weight of the car yet but its a 70 240. I plan to get the car on the dyno

and am curious on hp it needs for 11's. I am running soft rear coilovers and drag radials so

traction should not be a problem.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by z ya:

Dam, looks like I will be somewhere in the 12's

from what it sounds like :(

Cough, cough, NOS, cough... :D

Regards,

Lone

hehe...if I were you i wouldn't worry to much about not being in the 11s. That combo will be PLENTY fast in your Z!

Your setup is actually almost identical to mine, save a few things. I used a Xtreme 268 cam and a Dominator2 intake...but the rest is right in there 2thumbs.gif

I'm sure BIG GRINS are coming for both of us :D

Jason

Yeah , I hope so. I will going for a dyno pull

within the next couple off weeks to see where I

am at with this sucker. I still dont like the 5/16

outlet on the tank! For some reason I feel like that could be holding it back :confused:

Just seeing your ride was a real treat in Rio Vista. I have to tell you that you must be at least at 300 RWHP, just by the healthy sound of your engine thru the Spintechs... :D

Please keep us updated, since I'm really curious about your car. I did forget one thing: what tranny are you using? I know your dad was running an auto, but I just can't remember about yours. Grrr.

Davy

here play with this

http://users.erols.com/srweiss/calcehp.htm

this one (below) is labled correctly the one (above) means rear wheel hp but says flywheel hp

http://www.prestage.com/carmath/calc_etmph.asp

btw it take about 325 rear wheel hp (thats about 410 at the flywheel) to get into the 11s with a 2800 lb (Z)

Grumpy,

I believe that formula should say RWHP not @Flywheel. I wanted to see how much HP it said I needed to run 10.86 with a weight of 2,750lbs and it punched out 424 @ flywheel!! Using a 85% factor for RWHP with an automatic, that is 360RWHP. We could only dream about running hi-10s with only 360RWHP.

The only formula I use is the one that factors in ET and MPH because it takes into consideration cars that launch quick but die on top-end and cars like SupraTTs that launch slow but have big MPH.

(((MPH * MPH)/ET)*(weight with driver/1000))/9.1 = RWHP

Plug that in a spreadsheet and you can play what-if. Like a dyno, every formula is going to spit out different numbers, so pick one and stick with it. I like this one because you can see who is BSing who when someone claims a ridiculous timeslip.

BTW, with a weight of 2,750lbs, it spit out 430.3RWHP for 10.866 @ 124.39 and 435.3 for a follow-up 10.95 @ 125.59 after a minor tweak but a lousy 60'. I knew the car would have a little more HP on the 2nd pass but the ET was slower because of the launch and the formula showed that.

the formula is for rear wheel hp, it gives you an answer in rear wheel hp, you need to figure about a 20% drop in drive line loss or to put it another way if it says you need 430hp that means youll need about 538hp at the flywheel.(430hp /8 x 10=538hp) which checks very closely with your figures and yes your correct it says flywheel hp, its a miss printhere this one is labled correctly

http://www.prestage.com/carmath/calc_etmph.asp

sorry about that!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

I have a 260 that is tubed and with me in it and

a gal of fuel its wt is 2475/ 456 gears/ 12 inch slicks,glide, 280 hyd cam from comp. 10.56/ 124 mph/ 5000 stall shift at 5800- thru traps at 6500-6600. This is a 350 with flat tops and summit iron

$1000 heads, 700 db pumper holly, HEI dist.with

alternater and elect fan and elect water pump.

Chysler 8.75 rear posi. Think thats it. Zank

Ps with this engine in a 1977 convertiable z

3.36 stock gears, what trans would you run and with what stall and any guess on et. Thanks Zank