HybridZ

I have found what I hope is a rear diff that work with my LS1 conversion..can someone confirm?

xringx

Listing says....

"Viscous limited slip differential. This is pulled from a 91 Nissan super hicas 240sx se, 6 bolt half shafts. We installed it in a 95 240sx so it currently has the backing plate for the S14 body. Also has the ABS sensor."

This is going into my 74 260z with a LS1 engine and a T56 transmission..

Edited by xringx

From what i remember that type of diff is not the best. A buddy of mine wore 2 of those VLSD diffs out in a month, drifting in it with a stock 240sx. His VLSD diffs came from Infiniti J-30s.

Just posting what i know of them, Maybe others have had better luck or found that they are ok to use.

From what i remember that type of diff is not the best. A buddy of mine wore 2 of those VLSD diffs out in a month, drifting in it with a stock 240sx. His VLSD diffs came from Infiniti J-30s.

Just posting what i know of them, Maybe others have had better luck or found that they are ok to use.

Drifting has got to be extremely tough on a diff.

Like NewZed said, it would take some fabrication. A lot, really. Techno Toy Tuning offers a kit that will let you swap in the diff of your choice, but it certainly isn't cheap.

As far as the effectiveness of a VLSD, I have seen a lot of complaints that they don't lock very well. If you're going with a diff swap, especially if it involves buying the T3 kit, I would definitely go for something that will perform to your expectations.