HybridZ

Would it fit ????

SpeedRacer

Guest Anonymous

Possibly, I'm not familiar with Ferrari, but I'm thinking your going to kick yourself when you look for parts for a 1959 Ferrari motor, can you say EXPENSIVE!

Regards,

Lone

Guest Thurem

Yeah, somebody must'a taken out the hard to fix, expensive parts motor out of their Ferrari and put in a Chebby instead. So now they are trying to sell it off on Ebay. HAHAHA or something like that.

Thure

Guest Frank280z

Boy you really want to make a complete ferrari out of your Z. Although it would be absolutely amazing to see that under your hood, I'm still in favor of the 327 you have now. I wouldn't change anything to your car. 2thumbs.gif

Yeah, I've become an eBay addict. I have at least 10 items on my watch list at all times. I check it at least twice a day.

I keep my MSA and VB catalogs beside the computer so I can compare prices.

Good example:

VB list a new passenger door pull for $29.95 + $4.00 shipping.

I got one (new as well) off eBay for $25.00 + $4.00 shipping. Saved $4.95.

So far I've bought...

* Center Consol

* Pair of rear turn-signal lenses

* New Shift boot

* Pair 1995 Miata seats

It's like the words biggest classified ads w/ shipping.

But I'm not as bad as a freind I have at work who tells me he gets eBay stuff delivered to his house EVERY DAY!

He says his wife has banned him from the computer for while. nono.gif

Guest Anonymous

Hmm, just eyeballing it, I think your going to be sharing your drivers seat with a vette transaxle if you wanted to do that... tongue.gif:D

Regards,

Lone

I`ve spent at least 20K on ebay in the last year alone 2thumbs.gif My wife deosen`t mind,cuz she knows I wouldn`t buy it if it wasn`t one hell of a deal, and because I bought her a 99 Eddie Baurer explorer for 12k :D I`ve got about 6k worth of active bids going right now rockon.gif

"Man I love tools"

• 2 months later...

Heya,

Dick, it will fit. I've seen a few of these in z-car's. Someone wrote that it looked like a Dino engine - nope - the one on ebay was a lot earlier. but the power estimate was close enough. Those old inside plug engines were tall but the GTO hood bulge should clear. The big problem is the reserve on that engine was closer to $10,000 I know as the seller and I have sparred (amicably) over parts often. His Name is Tom and if you're serious about getting a Ferrari 12 I can put you in touch with the right people. Tom's business is selling vintage Ferrari parts and he is NOT cheap. But if you have the money he has pretty much anything you could need. Rolling chassis, engines, NOS trim you name it. For our cars I'd stick with a later engine - all the way up to a 1970 SOHC engine. The later 4 cam ones have sidedraft webers on the outsie and are just too wide at the carbs to fit between the shock towers. The closer to 1970 you get the better for power. I recently passed on a 1968 v-12 out of a 365 2+2.. the heads needed repairs but price was good at $12,000 If you want to find a 6 carb set up well, get in line - last I saw was Tom had one for $8500. Additionally a 5 speed to go with it can be had in the neighborhood of $5000. The weight isn't bad but expect to get a high of 350 or so horsepower (with a redline around 7500!). There are other options for a 12.

I'm looking at a Dinan modified 12 out of a BWM 850 now- it will fit between the towers but I'll need to have a new crossmember fabricated. On the plus side it came with a 5 speed and I can have it all for $5000. : )

Ultimately I want to have two variations on the GTO theme - one with an eye for correctness, using a period correct engine and no creature comforts.. and another using the best modern components - suspension, either a engine from a 550 Maranello or the BMW 12 and luzury interior... sort of the way the street rod crowd does - vintage looking body with ultra modern everything else : )

We should get all the GTO's together sometime Chelle