HybridZ

Stiffer springs vs bumpstops

Actually I'd argue you don't want rake, perhaps the opposite.  Primarily because you're standing the windscreen up, which will add drag.  Get the car low but perhaps run the tail down or at least try level and then nose down.

Cary

Yes but rake helps air extraction from under the rear of the car which reduces drag there, plus it helps with stability and reduces any chance of frontal lift which, as well as causing instability, will increase drag by allowing more air under the car and an increase in total frontal area.

Yes but rake helps air extraction from under the rear of the car which reduces drag there, plus it helps with stability and reduces any chance of frontal lift which, as well as causing instability, will increase drag by allowing more air under the car and an increase in total frontal area.

True, but much of that can be overcome by how we add the airdam, floor, and diffuser.  They don't need to attached level with the car.  Perhaps too into the weeds.

• 3 weeks later...

Front crossmember slotting pretty well finished today-just gotta clean up the paint where blistered by the welding and shoot some paint on it. Getting the doubler plates aligned was a chore. I'm gonna have to clean it up just a bit to get the slot totally evened up on one spot. The 400# coil springs arrived. Will wait until I get it all back together and set ride height. Then I can order bump-stops since they come in two heights.