HybridZ

fuel Injection cut off switch inertia safety switch

zgeezer

I've wired my 70z with an in-tank FI pump.  I'm using the fuel pump wires Datsun built into the body harness.  I'm looking for an easily mounted inertia safety switch.  Ideally something small enough to be mounted on a front "frame" rail.  Any recommendations or pictures of installations.

g

How about a oil pressure activated switch that cuts off power to the fuel pump when the engine quits as per JTR?

My research on inertia safety switches about 10 years ago indicated that the inertia switches could activate going over small bumps so I went the oil pressure switch route.

The output of my switch goes to a Painless fuel pump relay that is wired to the fuel pump using the stock green fuel pump wire located next to the glove compartment.

JTR gives the full wiring directions.

Also, see this link:   http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/59944-onoff-switch-for-fuel-pump/?hl=%2Binertia+%2Bsafety+%2Bswitch&do=findComment&comment=555712

post-178-0-16036600-1465789927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miles

• 2 weeks later...

Passenger's footwell of any ford ranger, or the trunk of a Tempo-Topaz.

It's the same one Pegasus racing sells...and out of the Tempo-Topaz it's possible to strip out over 6' of #10 feed wire. It's a direct interrupt to the fuel pump in those vehicles. Easily reset with a button. 

I put mine near the center tunnel behind the passenger's  seat.

• 5 weeks later...