HybridZ

So i bought the "$100 Retro" "JDM" seats off ebay for my 280z

CZeroMedia

I don't know, you haven't told us anything other than posting a link to your YouTube channel and then asking for our reactions, coincidentally your only two posts. 

Post up your opinion and perhaps we can have a discussion.

Well, sounds like it's hard to beat the price.  And they look nice.  

But like calZ suggested, do you have a specific question?  Alternatively, I'm sure that members here would be interested in your impressions of the seats after using them for a period of time.

eBay seats will eventually show their colors. Either the material will fade, crack, fall apart, or it will rip if you look at it funny. I ripped the fabric in mine getting out of the car in an odd way. My low buck sparco's were sitting outside in a shed and all they needed was a bit of wiping to bring back. The factory seats I've seen in remarkable condition even almost 50 years on. By the time you have it reupholster with some decent foam you would be looking at the price of a good seat. I sold my last eBay set as office chairs as I didn't feel comfortable advertising them as car seats as the back had so much flex.

Aesthetically it would pass as "period correct" to an untrained eye. 

Those breathers look like they would be cheese graters if you tried to slide into the seats. The old school rivet style seems like a better overall choice.

Eh, as you can see from the video, its not too bad to install. quality is actually not horrible(for $100 at least) and comfort i would rate 8 out of 10.

not a bad seat at all for $100 and only time will tell on its durability.

I do want to get an authentic seat eventually and run this seat in the passenger side. but this should work for the mean time. 

Depends on your tolerance level. I'd say the folding ones on eBay are super unsafe, you could buckle them if you try. A solid bucket like that I'm not sure what to think without seeing the internal construction. I know the bride knockoffs were like hard plastic in some case. If it gets you moving on and you plan on replacing it then not much more to be said. If it saves it for more important things down the road, I can't argue with that either, I have a lot invested into suspension and drive train and very little in the interior so my attitude is pretty lax compared to others.