HybridZ

Greetings help please

280z-modsamatuer

Hello z world I just bought a 280z and got a really good deal it has a few mods I'm not quite understanding apparently it has a 240sx throttle with the cable linkage modded it also has 2.5 headers but a stock fuel rail which I plan on changing. The afm is also new. Any tips on how to fire this up would be gladly appreciated thank you all for your time.

10 hours ago, calZ said:

Push the clutch in and turn the key?

Yup!

Oh and welcome to the forums!

(It would be helpful to tell us what you have tried so far, how the car reacted, any diagnostics you or others have done, has it run since the mods, do you have fuel and spark, etc.)

Edited by rossman
Grammar!

You don't even need to push the clutch in.  None of those modifications should affect the ability to start it.  You'll probably need a multimeter and/or test light to get it working though.  The old electrical connections and relays and various other parts tend to get crusty.  

You can get factory service manuals at various other web sites around the internet.  You'll need one.

18 hours ago, 280z-modsamatuer said:

didn't hold the wheel in the afm while I loosed a screw making the wheel spin

This is more important than setting the TPS, it will never really run right if the spring tension in the AFM is not right.  See if you can find the glue blob marks and rotate the wheel back so the glue blobs match.  No idea why you decided to loosen that screw, you really don't want to mess with it.

As far as the TPS, it depends on what type it is.  Is it a switch or sensor?   If you got the original with the car put it back on the 240SX TB does not add anything to performance.

Here's a link to FSM's.  https://www.classiczcars.com/files/category/9-factory-service-manuals/