HybridZ

Voltage draw? please help!

Hey guys,

Been dealing with an issue regarding starting for a while now. I own a 1976 280z, which struggles to get started but runs fine once it is (separate issue all in itself I am tackling). The issue I need help with today is the quick drawing of my battery while attempting to get it started, I almost always have to use a jump pack to assist. The battery is a couple year old optima red top that once off the trickle charger is around 13.6. It also has new battery cables, reman starter, new ignition switch as well. I can really only crank it for about 15-20 seconds and the battery becomes basically dead without the assistance of a jumper pack.

While searching for answers, a couple posts have suggested a possible grounding issue, so I cleaned up the battery to starter ground (top bolt of starter) and the main body ground above the battery. Other than that, I am at a loss for what is causing this large draw. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks again!