HybridZ

can i get 350hp on stock 82zxt

Guest storm280z

Guest storm280z

i have had people tell me that i can an people that i cant. so if their is any on out there the has proof that i canj be done please let me know

what will i need to do this. i was thinking t04e 60 trim .63a/r 440cc injectors npr or other big i/c 3in downpipe an so other little things but if it can be done let me know burnout.gif becuase i want to do it an fast. waht will it run in the 1/4. an i want to keep it a street cat too

thanks for any info

~storm280z rockon.gif

Yes, it can be done and has been by many people. Just curious though how do you plan to control the 440cc injectors? 350 is proubly about the high side of the stock electronics. Several people are switching to SDS with good results. also JWT has some almost plug and play setups that have proven to be good for this much HP and more.

Randy

yes stock electronics will suport that much horsepower. buddy of mine (jtaylor hybridz member) is pushing right about 360 whp (safe) but he did dyno right about 388 whp (leaning out) and 425 pounds of torque to the wheels and all this with 440 inj. and stock electronics. of course big turbo, intercooler....blah blah blah... lol 2thumbs.gif

Hey Storm

I don't know what 350 HP feels like. Never had mine on a dyno. So can't say. I do know with the mods you mentioned my car runs dam fast! burnout.gif Really gives Mustangs fits. Suprises everyone who ever rode in it :D .

I have a stock turbo. I also went with 370cc. injectors. What Cody and randy are talking about is controling that large of injectors (440cc. that's pretty large). Sure you can run then in your car. But you will be running pig rich all the time except at WOT. I'm doing that with my 370's. You want to have the best of both worlds. Thats what a 1983 computer really can't do. You can squeeze out more HP with a well tuned engine as compared to just throwing gas in her. Along with smelling alot nicer smile.gif .

I personally feel without a modern engine controlled (like SDS). I'm pushing my max with 370cc.'s. I'm hoping to lower my fuel pressure a bit at normal operations with a Adjustable fuel pressure regulator. Along with keeping the ability to shove bunches of fuel in engine at WOT b_hand.gif .

Without a stand alone engine controller (as compared to a 20 year old computer). Anything larger than 370cc.injectors I don't think you can dial in for an all around preformance upgrade for your car; and be happy with it :D . But hey; you can put in those 440's with all those mods and you would be good to go if all you want to do is go 1/4 mile. But getting there you'll be a stinky mess! 2thumbs.gif

Guest storm280z

hey thanks for everything that makes me feel so good :eek: becuase i thought it was going to be hard to get 350whp on stock motor but thinks to you guys i can see that with little mods to motor can handle much more than that. 2thumbs.gif

so really the only thing i should get is my t04e npr intercooler an sds system an more fuel. or can i get an sds an run stock injectors? what would be better an get the best results

~storm280z rockon.gif

Guest storm280z

what kind of boost should i run i was thinking in the area of about 1 bar. what can the stock motor hold. an to keep in mind that this is a daily driver

~storm280z rockon.gif

Guest storm280z

thanks for the help but i dont want to run nos but if i do it will be like a 50 shot// an i wantbe running any were near 20 psi but its good to know that the motor can that it. now were talking bout stock block right eek2.gif

Wow, check out that torque figure from Shanes run. Is that from the SDS setup and the big intercooler?

Len, you might try to lower the base F.P. then jump it up using a Boost Dependent F.P.R. I was using a BDFPR with the stock injectors and all the other crap and made a best of 320hp give or take a few. The BDFPR is not the best solution but, it sure is easy on the wallet for the amount of HP you can run. You do have to be careful with the tunning though as weather seems to effect it some. As in the Dallas area it could be 75* one day and 25* the next. You don't go out and jump on it with that big of temp change till you have started at a lower boost pressure and worked your way up. Ofcourse you can just wait for the next day and not touch a thing 'cause the weather will be back to 75*.

what i was refering is that it would be a squeeze getting 350hp worth of air through stock 81-83 zxt afm.the engine is certainly strong enough to run alot of boost.its your tuning that will kill it if you dont know how to write an advance curve for an engine on boost.the oem zxt program is very limited.if you used a fresh stock long block and did some carefull programming on an aftermarkit efi system engine should last very long time with normal maitenance.the engine in my 77 is an 81zxt that i bought used for $200.bought whole car.car was stolen & recovered with blown ecm.owner said engine had a fresh $3000 rebuild but that could be bs.to the point-engine has been in car for 80000 miles and only uses a quart of oil every 2000 miles.it has been boost spiked to 20 psi and pinged more than a few times.i installed it with some oem size lucas disc type injectors.when cat and egr is hooked up it passes smog in ca.if you put in aftermarkit efi and program it well with a few extra goodies you should be able to have a 350hp daily driver.if you get a load of bad gas somewhere just keep your foot out of it.in ca i always run chevron.and we only get 91 octane.summer time i run 10 psi and winter i run 13.engine will live very long time if you dont let it ping.

Originally posted by storm280z:

what kind of boost should i run i was thinking in the area of about 1 bar. what can the stock motor hold. an to keep in mind that this is a daily driver

~storm280z rockon.gif

I'm running 1 bar on stock injectors, but that's up here in the clouds, equivalent to 13psi at sea level. Stock motors can reliably take 20+ psi, as proven by Shane, shown above. Just get a good turbo and intercooler to keep intake temps at bay, and fuel it right.

Wow, check out that torque figure from Shanes run. Is that from the SDS setup and the big intercooler?

yes Cody i am still struggling just to get it where the JWT set up was.

By the way i found the instructions for the system i sold you, email me your address and i'll get it out to you.