HybridZ

Turbo and wastegate are in hehe

jeffp

I just got my new turbo and waste gate today. I am very pleased with the parts. I will do some of my custom work on them, but for the most part they are ready for install. The only thing I can say that I wish was different is the turbo is not water cooled, but time will tell ifthat is going to be a problem.

here is the link, tell me what you think.

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme/280zxt/page23.html

I think the V band is slick also, yes the DP will bolt to the end of the turbo nice and easy. I am going to run the stock exhaust manifold and see how well it performs. I will get some pics of the install when I get it done. I am still collecting parts for the rest of the upgrades to the car right now, and I want to do a little more machining on the turbo for flow considerations. This should be a really sweet setup on the car.

That stuff looks really good Jeff. I haven't heard of a 0.70 A/R T3, but that sounds like a good size for a street application. I'm not sure the divided housing will buy you much, unless you have a 6 into 2 type header that directs the flow from 1-3 into one side and 4-6 into the other...but you are doing a custom header, correct? And the 62-1 looks like it might be a choice. 2thumbs.gif

The turbo cost 1K with all new parts, and the flange and welding the flange, oh also the vband. I called Turbonetics yesterday and ordered the pipe part ofthe flange and it was 45.00 Those guys really want allot of money for their stuff, but oh well.

The divided inlet to the turbo is basically a T4 configuration. I do have to make some modifications to the inlet to give it a better flow into the inlet, but that really is not much of a problem. I also bought a new 1/2" spacer 28.00 for a part that cost about 5.00 to get the materials for and make, oh well. I have to port match the new spacer to exhaust manifold, and the spacre to the turbo inlet, and do a little polishing on the inlet to the turbo to get a little smoother flow into the turbo.

I think that should be a really good setup, but I will find out for shure when I run it forthe first time and see how it spools. :D