HybridZ

Sanderson CC2's

dsommer

CC2.jpg

David, I bought some of these from zfan (Mike W) from Texas. They are very high quality and look like they'll fit fine (he was running them, so I'm sure they fit). I want to turn them upside down and run 90 degree bends going to the front of the block for the turbo. Even tho I have not run them, I like them!

Davy

sanderson headers lab is ten minutes away from our current spot, i just like standing around the front and watching the hot rods roll out, you really have to see them do an exhaust job, they really take pride in tucking that exhaust up in there and enjoy a challenge, as well as challenging your wallet, but hey, they will install the headers and route exhaust beautifully, and they are the only place i know that has 3" in stock!

Guest Z Man377

Hey Dsommer,

I run a set of them on my car But, Not sure the part# Been a few years ago. I know the were 1 7/8's into a 3 collector. Great quality. I kept trying to run them with header gaskets. But, they kept on blowing out. Finally i called them to complain and she told me They don't need gaskets!!! DOH!! Thats been at least three years ago and no more leaks.

Also you asked about the part# for the Centerline wheels. When i dug out the Christmas lights they were in the Centerline Box. Here goes. Centerline 15x8 billet 5 spoke 3.5" backspace R/S Fluted 1745803425

Hope that helps. Jerry burnout.gif

Well I went ahead and ordered the coated CC2's (Merry Christmas to me ;) ) The primary tubes are 1.5" but it's an extremly short shot to the 2.5" collector. I think they'll be fine. I just want to get the engine and tranny installed and get the thing rolling on the road. I'm going to lose my garage space in a few months so I need to get cracking on the swap.

Z man 377 thanks for the part numbers!!! 2thumbs.gif

David

ds,

The Sanderson CC3 is the basic same design as the 2's, however, they angle back a few degrees. I choose these as I have 20 degree angled plugs in my 462 fullie heads and I needed a header that would allow enough clearance. I spoke with one of the owners and she said if for any reason they didn't fit, just return them no questions. In talking with them, they were very helpful, and the quality is first rate. BTW, the silver powder coated look extremely nice! Hope they work well for you.

Comps, VAN 2thumbs.gif

The guy I spoke with said these would fit my Trick Flow heads BUT he is obviously not a fan of Trick Flow (OK whatever) nor is he a fan of my Edelbrock 750 cfm carb. I'll make that decision when I get the car running. It's one thing to say something is a piece of junk but a whole other deal to back it up with proof.

I'm saying F*ck it at this point I just want the car back on the road, junk parts or not I'll swap em out later.

ds

Thanks Mike. This is not a drag car nor is it going to be a daily driver I belive I call it my HOBBY. If the parts I've go suck so bad then I'll change them out later. I built the engine (first one ever by myself) and car pretty much myself so if something blows I'll go blame the guy in the mirror. The only thing that worries me is the solid roller cam button on the cam timing gear. I ground it down so it would clear the T-chain cover but if it eats a hole through it well then I'll know I did something wrong. I'm at the screw it point right now, the holidays are upon us and I'm trying to get my life back on track. I haven't been working on the z near as much as I thought possible so it's screw it time, screw it all together and see if it works if not well back to the drawing board or the Hybrid Z board anyway.

ds

I'm surprised they would be so opinionated. TrickFlow heads are decent heads... And Edelbrock carbs... Yea, they aren't race carbs, and you won't get 10/10th performance that you might get out of a Holley, but you won't spend the additional time cussing it either... Dependable carbs they are....

Screw it, I'd have the wait and see attitude as well!

Mike :D

David, if Trick Flow heads sucked, then Grumpy would not be using them now would he? There were some TF problems with earlier castings, but that's long gone from what I hear. They are a bargain and offer great potential, so what is not to like? Also, Edelbrock would not have the name they do with a POS carb IMO. It works and is as close to a bolt-on-and-forget-it carb you'll ever buy. The only reason I went Holley (used of coarse) was that it presented itself at the right time, that's it. Just my $.02.

I'm sure your engine will be fine. One question on the cam botton: they usually have a slight dome shape to minimize friction if they come in contact with the cover, so did you grind it flat or leave a little dome? If flat, the oil should keep enough lubrication on there, at least for a while, so you should not have to worry about it anytime soon. It would be good to ask Grump for the final word though. Good luck.

Davy

Basically remember to go the correct tork on the pressure plate. Check your pilot bearing if OK go for it. You also need the correct clutch alignment tool to line up clutch before you tork the press. plate.

Wish you were closer, or I was still working in East OK. I be glad to help you some evening!

Just to see your pretty Z in person :D !

Len

I have five friends who all run Trck Flow heads and not one of them has had a problem with them in fact they all like them.

For the price you cannot go wrong!

Mike

I ground the cam button flat, the dome interfered with the timing cover so I just ground it down. I understand that the cam will "walk" fore and aft to some degree but I don't think it will be a issue. Like I said I'll have no one to blame except myself. If it (cam button) grinds a hole in the timing cover I'm sure I'll notice it pretty quickly (haha oil going every where) and I'll fix it from there, I've got bigger fish to fry right now than to worry about a silly little thing like this, no I'm not losing sleep over it. Got the X member holes elongated so I guess the next step it to mate the engine and tranny together. Wish I had some extra hands around here. I've never delt with clutches before so I better bust out the books and start reading again and figure out how the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and T.O. bearing bolt up. Fun, fun, fun.

ds

Len, the Z ain't as pretty as it used to be. The interior is out but engine bay is ready though. I guess I need to work on one area at a time. I got carried away by replacing the old fuel lines and that led to the sound deadener install. Which led to some rust repair in the floor behind the driver and passenger seats. R-200 swap with full poly, new Tokico struts, brute force U-joints. Front suspension rebuild, full poly, new rack boots, new Tokico's and strut spacers.

I've got a name for the car though SNOBALL because that's what it's become, it just snow balls in to a bigger and bigger project. One day I will get to drive it again, hopefully early next year, hopefully.

Headers should be here tomorrow 12/18/02. Just another part in waiting, but not for too much longer...

ds

I think this started as a header topic. I am probably not only member who would like to hear results of both these headers...the CC2/CC3(?) I am particularly interested in the slightly angled back aspect (no pun intended)if they clear ok that would help ease that hard 90 degree initial bend close to collector. Must of us know the Hooker block headers work (just). How about some feedback for us on these after motors are in? Also, has anyone had the Hedman blockhugger type in with success? This is a BIG issue in a successful/enjoyable swap. john

Thanks for sharing Pete!!! The other name I came up with would be 8-ball but I don't think the local law enforcement officials would think it's as humorous I as do on a vanity plate.

Behind the 8-ball. :D

Paint the car black and ghost in an 8-ball (pool ball, get yer mind out da gutta boys) on the lower fender behind the wheel and on the roof haha. Or once it gets running how about just BAWLZ. Hmmmm gotta try that one at the DMV.

ds

Better get back to work now and quit dreaming about paint jobs

flibuoy,

Yeah sometimes we get off the subject...

Don't worry once I get the engine in with the headders I'll post a reply to this thread.

It' may be a while before that happens though.

If I can get my buddies up here from out of town I'll be looking at Jan 25 or so.

ds