HybridZ

I'm buying the Computer and Harness this coming week...

Mikelly

OK guys, I'm getting close here... I'm dropping off the motor this coming week to the engine builder, and I plan to have everything back before March 31st. I'm gonna order my Holley COmmander Computer and software unless you guys say otherwise... I haven't been online much lately, so if I've missed something that is a MUST HAVE, let me know now...

Just to remind those who forgot...383 stroker, aluminum heads with 2.05/1.6 valves, Roller hybraulic assembly, 1.5 rockers on a Isky cam, and 10.1:1 compression. Running a cutler intake with 42# injectors and a 1000CFM TB.

Mike Kelly 2thumbs.gif

There's an add-on piece for that computer that can make dialing it in easier. Head over to the Chevy Forums that had been mentioned here before and chat with the Holley guy. He will tell you exactly what you need and is a real big help. IMO the Holley computer is an excellent buy and I could yet end up with one if I get cheap. Right now I've not done hardly anything on my car this entire Winter and need to get cracking. Just as soon as the weather gets a little warmer the CVs are goin' IN!

• 1 month later...

Well I just got notice from Summit that the computer and Harness for the Holley Commander Universal V8 setup have been shipped... I should have it in the mail on Monday! Now if I can just get the motor back from the Machine shop!!!!

Mike Kelly 2thumbs.gif

Hey Mike, I checked out the Commander on Holleys web site then looked through the Summit catalog. I couldn't find as much info as I wanted. I am looking for an aftermarket computer/wiring setup (actual 2, one LT-1 and one TPI) and had decided on DFI. What is the price on the Commander setup, and are you building your own FI setup or unsing GM's? I assume you consider the Commander to be better than the DFI since that's where you put your money... tongue.gif Thanks.

Actually I hav a contact at Summit who trolls this BB sometimes! He sent me the Summit catalog and marked the items I needed for my setup which is:

Aftermarket Cutler (Victor JR. Style) intake with 1000CFM TB, 42# matched injectors, rails, regulator, and custom Bosch pump.

The part number on the items you need is:

For the TPI - 950-101

For the LT1 - 950-105

Just refer your sales man to the Holley Catalog!

The universal V8 Kit, incuding all sensors, wiring harness, software, and ecu was over $800, and close to $900. The reason I chose to go with it was the ease of use, the excellent interface, and the fact that SuperDan RAVED over it! I also went to a couple of BBs and chatted with others who have used it and they were impressed with the performance, data loggin, fuel mapping, and how easy the software was to manage. 2thumbs.gif

Mike

Guys the kit came in today and the invoice was higher than quoted...$933. Holley had a price increase... However, here is what came in the kit.... EVERYTHING. Literaly everything you would need to run the computer, including the injector harness, all sensors, and I do mean all sensors, the install manual, which is so simple a chimp could do the install, and the complete main harness with various options for different configurations... Very impressive... and it came with the laplink for your laptop tuning needs! This was the last of the large purchases, excepting the bill for the machineshop on the motor. I'm on my way to the final steps!!!!!!!!

Mike :D

Awesome. Don't Jinx yourself on the $ thing! It has a way of biting you... Keep us updated on the progress and how well it works. If you continue to have such high accolades for the system I may get the same one. The price is about the same as DFI, but if it comes with all of the software, It represents a net savings over DFI+calmap etc.

Mikelly, I was "cruzin" the Holley site and I noticed that Holley released a complete system for those who already have a intake manifold. But I haven't seen any pricing in Jegs or Summit. Any idea what it sells for? I really want EFI, but I must use a special "HI-PORT" single plane intake with my Pontiac Motorsport heads. Hope to see you at the Motorsports show in May!

Mark 2thumbs.gif

Pete,

All of my stuff was won on an auction for $975 plus a $230 upgrade on the injectors. I sold the computer and harness that came with the setup to a guy online for $325, plus I sold the carb, intake (To you), fuel delivery (Pump and Regulator), headers, and distributor and the net out of pocket cost was something like $200. Keep in mind that you could sell all of your induction parts to make up for the out of pocket "Hit" you would take to get this stuff in. I figure that with the cost of the new distributor, and new headers, I'll have about $1500 out of pocket for EVERYTHING.

Guys I have no other cost data. You have to call and talk to a tech rep at either Summit or Jegs to get all the cost data. I can tell you that the intake holley makes for this setup goes for $280 and is identical to a Victor JR. single plane intake.

Mike 2thumbs.gif

Z-Dreamer

just buy this intake,CHECK WITH EDELBROCK TO MAKE SURE IT FITS YOUR HEADS FIRST OF COURSE(#2968 EDELBROCK) then send it to FRANK @ http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/ his main bussiness is converting intakes to fuel injection and adding bungs and fuel rails, he can also help with questions/other parts ETC. tell him GRUMPVETTE FROM CHEVYTALK.COM gave you his number! he will work with you!